Switching insulin.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becky & Baby Girl GA, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I just put an order in for Lantus. I’m just tired of fighting for lower numbers & believe a depot may do better. I have read & reread the stickies but I’m always open for suggestions. It was time for new insulin & close enough to the 6 month protocol. Wish us luck & tia for any advice!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

The best thing I did for Squallie was switching over to Lantus! It has worked very well for him. I hope you also have good luck with it! :):cat::)

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Lucy, Thank you so much! I’m very hopeful!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

When you're ready to switch, post over in the Lantus forum......generally, you're going to start at a dose that's close to where you're at now

Hopefully the Lantus will work as well for you as it has for us!

Don't forget you'll need new syringes if you've been using U40's with the ProZinc....Lantus requires U100 syringes (preferably syringes with half unit markings)

5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thank you @Squalliesmom & @Chris & China! I have been using the u100 syringe with the conversion chart, so I’m set there. I feel like starting at 1 unit will be ok since she’s been on 1.5 ish of prozinc for awhile. When my shipment arrives I will post an introduction & begin posting her levels... I appreciate the support & so does my Baby Girl!

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Well Becky we'll be on this journey together! I'll be switching over my buddy Lou to Lantus (I'm still trying to decide between Lantus and Basaglar) at the end of this month. I'm working some final double shifts and I'll switch him over Memorial Day weekend. I'm so nervous but I'm excited to have a fellow new insulin buddy! Hopefully we'll all get through this together and both Loudogg and Baby Girl will come out on the other side so much better!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

9. Becky & Baby Girl GA

@Sharon14. Thanks Sharon! It looks like a major conundrum on the Lantus page! I guess Baby & I will fit right in! Lol
    @Amanda and a Loudogg. I’m glad to know you’ll be switching too, Amanda & Loudogg! See you there, I thought you were switching soon. I hope we both have smooth surfing...keep in touch & good luck

Sharon14 likes this.
  10. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

How did you fair in the crazy scary weather today?? I was caught on lloyd with quarter Size hail. Scared me to death, just knew the windshield was gonna bust.

11. Becky & Baby Girl GA

@Phoebes - oh my I would have been afraid in a car too! I was home & thought sure my windows were going to be shattered! The Lloyd was far worse than my north end! Scary wicked storm... glad you made it safe & sound!

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  12. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad you were safe and out of harms way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.