Switching to lantus maybe?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Helen & Felix, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen & Felix

Helen & Felix New Member

Sorry I posted this same question in the canninsulin forum before I realized its in the wrong place...I just sent my vet an email about Felix's progress, hopefully I will hear back soon. It has been about 5 days with no insulin and Felix's numbers are in the lower blue range. I'm thinking I might pick up some Lantus insulin and microdose him so PS numbers will be in the green and he will have a better remission. Anyone know if it is possible to just get 1-2 cartridge pens of Lantus insulin at a Canadian pharmacy? as I really don't think Felix will be needing much..

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I don't think you can buy single cartridges at a Canadian pharmacy. You could call around to some and ask that question.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, Marks Marine Pharmacy does sell a single pen for $49.99 plus shipping.....not the most economical, but at least it's available

Critter Mom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You could try seeing if there is another member in Calgary willing to share part of the purchase of a 5 pack of cartridges. $49.99 is half the cost of a 5 pack. (at least in BC).

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Huge anti-jinx here ...

Just seen Felix's spreadsheet. Almost there. :) Keeping fingers and paws crossed ...

:nailbiting:

Mogs

6. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Could this be Day 14 :otj: with no insulin?

Woot! Way to go, Felix!!! :woot:

Mogs

7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I just saw this...I'm in Calgary, PM me, if you'd like, I'd be happy to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.