Sya PMPS 201 +3 157 +4.75 142 New strips New numbers?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by K. Sya and Sophie (GA), Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

Sya is doing fine, but AM +9.5 was 254, and she had chicken treats when I tested then and PMPS was 201! Opened a new vial of strips for PMPS. Vial is a different color than the usual Freestyle lite strips I buy, yellow instead of blue. Box is labeled new. I seem to remember someone posting before about a change in them...but wow.
    Granted I'm not the best data collector in the world, but makes me wonder if I can compare to my old data anymore?? I did double check that they were actually Freestyle Lite strips.
    Thoughts anyone??

2. Jaye and Chester

Jaye and Chester Member

Re: Have Freesyle Lite Strips changed that much?

I really don't like the new strips. I used the old ones in my Alphatrak and they were comparable to the AT numbers. With my diabetic DOG, the new strips are off by about 20-25% but with my diabetic cat, they're so far off that I don't rely on them at all and have gone back to using the expensive AlphaTrak strips with him. In fact, my OneTouch Mini, which I always thought was too far off from the Alphatrak to use, is closer than the Freestyle strips now.

3. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

Oooh. I really hope I don't have to do that. I just bought a new big box. If the data is really that wonky I'm going to write the manufacturer and ask for my money back and go to a new meter entirely. Meantime...just want to have my furry one safe. Now I'm even more nervous :shock:

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The new strips are better. See:
    http://www.myfreestyle.com/fs/d/en_US/2 ... -questions

One major change is:
    To improve the FreeStyle Lite test strip accuracy, the new GDH-FAD4 chemistry minimizes interference from 22 common substances, such as acetaminophen, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), uric acid, maltose and galactose. Additionally, clinical studies on the new FreeStyle Lite test strip have shown greater accuracy versus OneTouch® Ultra®2, Accu-Chek® Aviva, and Contour® systems.5

5. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

See I knew someone had posted something like that! Still....confused about how to use the new strip data relative to the old strip data...or if I even can anymore? :?

6. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

Re: Sya PMPS 201 +3 157 New strips New numbers?

See now this stinks because these numbers are pretty good looking...actually making me a little nervous...but I don't know what to think about them nailbite_smile

7. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

So I guess all is well? I mean all in all these numbers match better with what I have been seeing from her ie neuropathy much much improved, urine frequency and volume decreased, appetite much more normal (don't get me wrong she still likes her freeze dried chicken!) I don't know. I gave her a little snack and I"m off to bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.