? Syringe question for Beenie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Beenie (GA), Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I have a new vial of ProZinc to get through and currently use U-100 syringes with half unit marks. At the rate we are going I will be at 12 U in 15 more cycles which is roughly a week. Then I'll be at the max capacity on the U-100 syringes I have which only hold 30 Units. We are currently at 9.8 U which is 24.5 U converted.

My question is I do have a box of U-40 syringes that have a 20 units capacity. They do NOT have half unit marks. Is it safe to eyeball that half unit mark until I finish this vial? I'm trying to avoid buying a box of U40 syringes with half unit markers when we're going to be switching to Lantus or Levemir in about a month.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone with all the numbers and conversions :bookworm:

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh wow. That is a lot of insulin. Yes, you can eyeball the half units. We eyeball 0.25u down at lower doses where the margin of error is much bigger. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just be very very very careful to do the mental switch before you grab the u-40 syringes. You don't want to accidentally convert and overdose him!

Rachel, Kris & Teasel and JanetNJ like this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact I'd hide the box of u100s and hide the conversion chart with them!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.