Syringe question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

can changing the needle length from 1/2 inch to 5/16 change the way a dose is absorbed? I need to ordet more syringes and it’s seem tough to find U 100s with half inch needles AND Half markings except monoject which I HATE. Also, another syringe related question - is the conversion chart for U40/U100 the exact same dose? I know the barrel seems a bit bigger on the U 100 but I assume that was taken into consideration when making the chart. Thanks guys for all your expertise!! I truly value each and everyone here for all the advice. :bighug:

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the needle length t hough I don't think it would make a difference. I've used both before and I didn't notice anything different.

As for the conversion chart...I'm not sure I understand the question (sorry I'm dense today...time change!). I can tell you that it's accurate and all you have to do is draw up the dose by finding what you'd give in u40s and then drawing up what that dose says in the u100 column. Does that answer your question?

Djamila likes this.
  3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Hi Rachel. Yes I guess it does. Just thought I read that the barrel on U 100 Is a bit wider so just wanted to double check for exampk that 2U On U40 you is exactly the same dose as 5U on U 100

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I think the barrel is a different size, but that is taken into account with that chart. So yes, 2 units in u40 would be 5 units in u100. :)