syringe questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jason bellamy, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason bellamy

jason bellamy Member

Hello, I am getting to a point where i need to do fractional dosages of prozinc. It was suggested i use the syringes with the half unit markings or the u-100 with conversions. while looking for the conversion chart to see how difficult the conversion was, I saw someone mention u-100 went to 30 units and u-40 went to 12. the u-40 supplied by my vet has a final reading of 20 with a bold line one unit past. I am thinking if i get a u-40 on the smaller scale over the same distance(probably smaller diameter) the fractional dosage will be easier but im not sure how to tell what scale its on. these are the syringes i am currently using.

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You want U100 syringes with a 0.3 cc (mL) capacity that have half unit marks on them. The gauge and length of needle is your choice. Many people like the very fine 31 gauge 1/4" needle. I use 29 gauge 1/2" needles. Here's the conversion chart":
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

Once you switch to U100 syringes put the U40s away somewhere so you don't accidentally use on of those with the chart - bad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.