Syringes in Canada & UK?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bandit's Mom, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi, does one need a prescription to buy insulin syringes (with the half unit markings) in Canada and the UK? And if not, any suggestions on where I can buy them?

I live in Mumbai, India and the only insulin syringes we get here are 1ml (100 unit) ones with 2 unit calibrations! I order my syringes from the US - I order them online from ADW Diabetes and get a friend or relative coming from the US to bring them to me. With the covid situation I am trying to see if I can find other sources for syringes.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I did not need a prescription to buy syringes in Canada. I do not know what the international shipping rules are.
    Syringes in Canada are more expensive than the US. I mostly ordered from ADW.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Thanks @Red & Rover (GA) . I thought ADW didn't ship to Canada?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It doesn't - but it'll ship to border towns. Cross border shopping at it's best! Not this year though. :(

I just bought syringes at any human pharmacy - no prescription needed. You'd have to spend time Googling online pharmacies on Canada to see if they shipped off continent. Any prices here are about the same or a bit more expensive than that UK site Bron gave you. We get the BD Ultrafine II here.

6. Bandit's Mom

Thanks @Wendy&Neko . Are there not ADW equivalents in Canada? What about a site like lifesupply.ca (https://www.lifesupply.ca/insulin-syringes-needles/)? And I ask for shipping to a local Canadian address - not international shipping. Less effort for a friend in Canada if I can order the syringes online and get them shipped to his/her place.

Are human pharmacies cheaper?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There are several, I just never used them. Their prices, except for one for a particular meter/strips, were not any better than what I found at the human pharmacies.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

9. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Never used that site, I buy from vetuk.

Bandit's Mom likes this.