Syringes (old post)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dosgatos, Sep 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dosgatos

dosgatos Member

Hello,

My name is Mami, I live in Japan. It has been a long time since I last posted...
    My 21 yrs old Akane and I would be grateful if you could help us choosing syringes.

Let me explain a bit. I have been using Monoject syringes (31G, 3/100 with half unit markings, 8mm) which I import from Diabetic Promotions in US. I like Monoject syringe because its markings are clearly printed and easy to see/read, and its top of the plunger(a black rubber part) has a pretty flat surface? so it helps me to measure a tiny dose for Akane. And it does not have a "brim" like BD's has so I can hold my plastic measure closely alongside the syringe body.

IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0729.jpg
    Left - BD, Right - Monoject

But with my recent order, Diabetic Promotions made a mistake in the shipping address and because of that, the item cannot get through custom clearance. There have been frustrating correspondences with the shop for about a month and the problem still has not been solved and I am running out of the stock..

So I tried to purchase from different sellers and I tried to search but unfortunately no shops have the same Monoject..

So I came here to ask for your help. I am thinking to purchase from Total Diabetes Supply and I want to find syringes that are equally good in measuring a tiny dose among the products they carry.

I would be happy if you could share your experience of using syringes together with information such as ; Is the markings are clearly printed and easy to see? What about bubbles/air? Is the top to the plunger (rubber part) flat? Does it have a "brim"? etc..

If you could upload a photo of close look at a syringe, too, it would be great..!

Here is links for syringes they carry. This is for 3/100cc, 31G
    https://www.totaldiabetessupply.com/collections/insulin-syringes/31g 3cc
    This is for 3/100cc, 30G, 8mm
    https://www.totaldiabetessupply.com/collections/insulin-syringes/30g 3cc 8mm

Thank you very much in advance!

Mami and Akane

Attached Files:

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Have you checked Adwdiabetes.com?

3. dosgatos

dosgatos Member

Hi
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, but they do not ship to Japan..

4. JeanW

JeanW Member

I'm not sure of the answer to your question.

Have you checked if you can get them through Amazon?

5. dosgatos

dosgatos Member

Thank you.
    Only a few shops ship to Japan because syringe cannot import without a necessary procedure and custom clearance.

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I personally prefer bd syringes.... That's what I always get.

7. dosgatos

dosgatos Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.