Syringes???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sieden, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sieden

Sieden Member

I have always used the Relion syringes from Wal-Mart because I can get the 3/10 cc with 1/2 marks which is great for those days when I give Peanut a dose like 1.25 units. I live in Texas and I'm also a state licensed pharmacy technician so I know the law. I know that in Texas you can dispense syringes without a prescription to anyone who asks for them.

Anyway today I went to Wal-Mart and asked for a pack of 100 test strips for my Relion Confirm and then a box of 100 syringes and I specified which ones that I wanted. The lady came back to the counter with the test strips and then asked me what I wanted the syringes for. I told her that it was for my cats insulin. Then she proceeded to ask me which kind of insulin and how many units I give him. I was so pissed off at this point that I told her the answers but I also let her know that I was aware of the law that she was breaking soooo she calls over the pharmacist who also asks me these same questions. Once I answered him, he said that it was okay to sell them to me. After I paid for the items, I made a point to go over to the pharmacist and pull up my Google Sheet that I have for Peanut (it's on my phone). I showed it to him for proof and told him that he's breaking the law and making me feel like a criminal. He said that a man bought syringes about 10 years ago and went outside and overdosed so that's why they don't want to sell them to people but that has zero to do with me.

What can a person do in this situation? What can I do? This is about the 4th time that I've had issues with people at Wal-Mart not wanting to sell them to me. I also know for a fact that Wal-Mart does discriminate against people who are filling prescriptions because when I worked in the pharmacy there, I was instructed NOT to fill or even accept scripts from people for certain drugs IF they were also prescribed with other certain drugs OR if they looked like a "drug abuser". We would have to lie to people and tell them that we were all out of certain drugs when we clearly had hundreds of pills in stock.

Sorry for the long rant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.