Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm brand new here. I am ordering insulin (ProZinc) for the first time, and I'm confused about which syringes I should order. Which sizes are the best, and why? Should I order syringes specifically for ProZinc? They are double the price, but I want to do whatever will make it easier on Jack (my diabetic feline).
    Thanks.
    ~ Carolyn

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Carolyn, it would be very useful to you to visit the Prozinc forum HERE and read through the information there. I am not a Prozinc user and cannot advise you but read through the Beginner's guide http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...prozinc-pzi-insulin-for-diabetic-cats.164995/
    There is information about using the U-100 syringes but you must be careful to correctly use the conversion chart to avoid mis-dosing:
    A note on using U-100 syringes with the Conversion Chart: Many people find that using U-100 syringes with half-unit markings makes it easier to fine-tune a dose, in 0.2 unit increments. (You MUST use the Conversion Chart; the link appears both above and below.) In the United States, the U-100 syringes (designed for use with the more concentrated U-100 insulins) usually have ORANGE caps - but again, the cap color may vary with the manufacturer or where you live in the world.

PLEASE make sure you are using the correct syringes for dosing ProZinc: Either the U-40 or the U-100 (again, the conversion chart is required when dosing ProZinc with U-100s.)
    Post in the Prozinc forum so that the experienced users can advise you on this issue.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

These are what you want. ProZinc is a u40 insulin. These have half unit markings.
    https://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/18553/ulticare-u40-pet-29g-3-10cc-1-2in-half-unit

The cheapest place I've found for ProZinc is chewy.com

4. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Thank you for directing me to that link. I'm going to order the U40 syringes to make it easier for me.

5. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Idjit's mom and JanetNJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.