Tabby 2/23

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

amps 424 3.4u

I am pulling out the his old Idexx scale and taking .2 off each dose and start working the new scale from there. I will do the best I can with adjusting but this insulin for us is not more potent than Idexx. Maybe I will be able to regulate him on it once we can get out of the 400's. I would usually give 3.6u for this number but I am still being safe because it's a new insulin. I hope to see a lower number for pmps. Will try to get my husband to get a +6 when he has a couple days off this week but can't today. He better go down soon or I will give the 3.6u dose. I have had to give that a couple times in a row in the pas to get him down so we will see how we do with this dose today and maybe tonight. Unless he really surprises me.

2. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Day 8 for Puttzer and I and we are just starting to see a trend...Yes, it appears right now that we are giving a bit more with ProZinc than with Vetsulin, but we are just now starting to get out of the 400's and getting a more reasonable 12/12 trend...I say be patient, give it a few more days...Keep us posted...

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I can't belive I would love to see even a mid 300 ps at this point. We were on PZI Idexx and now that they don't make that anymore we are on Prozinc. I started a different scale with a different set of BG ranges but I am starting to plug in his old pzi dose. But I am giving it .2 to .4 lower than normal just to be safe. I will give this dose a couple days and than we are going right back on the old scale and see how it goes. Need to get the husband back into helping me spot check. He did his testing and shooting a few years ago when I went to a FDMB reunion so I know he can do it.LOL We will make it, it just takes patience which some of the old timers who maybe moderators now, know I don't have.LOL

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you both get some good numbers soon. It seems that sometimes you have to dose fairly high for a few days to get the numbers down and then a lower dose can keep you there. That's the way it's been with Blackie anyway. I agree - patience can be hard to find. ;-)

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Some people have mentioned they seem to need more with ProZ than with Idexx. I'm not sure though if it's a general trend, just a few cats, or due to other factors...

6. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Could just be a milder insulin. Who knows maybe something will kick in for one of us. I hope.

7. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Tabby pmps 332 3.2u

I did drop his dose down by .2u. 3.4u this am to 3.2u. He is a good 100 points lower. We will see what amps brings us.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

yay, sounds like you are starting to make some progress! next stop.... pretty yellow #s!!!! :mrgreen:

9. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Tabby pmps 332 3.2u
    +3 330

Not much of a drop at +3 but at least he's not going up. We will see what the amps will be in the am. Would love to get him into the 200 ps numbers. I will settle for that right now. Working our way down. High 400's to mid 300's. I never thought that would feel like success.LOL

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

And he could have gone up too at +1/+2 before onset, so there could be some hidden drop. I always kind of liked seeing that even match from the PS & then a +2 or +3, somehow I used to find it comforting - no horrible zoom, no scary early drop. Of course it depends how the rest of the cycle goes if this is a good thing or not in Tabby's case. :D

11. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Me too. That's what one of the things that was buggin' me about our switch initially was our seeming inability to achieve that. H was moving up in those hours then taking steep dips, but I think that was just a result of not a high enough dose.

12. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Tonight Puttz went to 449 at +7, so we are also wondering about not high enough dose yet...yo yo ....marathon.

13. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Terry,
    It appears you are making changes still in very large increments? Yo-yo is typically synergized by large changes in dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.