Tabby 2/27 - Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I think I may of given him 3.4u lastnight instead of 3.6u not 100% sure. I can't beleive this could be a rebound number. When he rebounds and that isn't often he goes into the 500's. And I think I remember doing 3.4u. I don't know what I was thinking. I will be much more careful from now on.

amps 477 3.6u

I am going to be doing a +3, +6, +9 today. Not as usefull as if he had a 300 ps number but it will have to do. Maybe we can get a good pmps number.

2. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Ah, the joys of figuring out a new insulin! :lol: Hey, can you post your scale somewhere Alice? (or did I miss it??)

And what in the world are you doing up so early???!!!???? @-)

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

My scale is on my profile. I used that link to my old profil on the old site. I guess you just click on the blue globe thing under Tabby's picture and it will take you to his profile and scale. The scale is a work in progress so it may change daily.LOL Also did you see I have that fancy Tabby's Spreadsheet link at the bottom? And I am up this early because I don't sleep well and the cats like to eat before the sun comes up.LOL

4. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I guess I expected him to drop faster and farther from this high ps number but I was a little surprised. Might be the James Taylor music we are listening to in the kitchen as I work.LOL That helps with my stress and maybe Tabby's too. He's sitting in his rocking chair just relaxing. I on the other hand have to putty holes, sand and paint. The life of a cat.

amps 477 3.6u
    +3 293
    +6 237
    +8 216

More to come.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like you're getting a late drop. When that happens with Blackie, I try to get a +11 so I can know for sure that he's going back up at shot time. I have never figured out what the late drop means for Blackie, cuz it sure wasn't too much insulin.

I can't see the globe thingy to get to your profile. There's no globe under your avatar picture. Did you mean it's on your spreadsheet? Cuz I can't see it there either.

I was shocked that you could already have a +8, you must be an early riser. I hope your day continues to go well. I like the image of Tabby in his rocking chair. :D

6. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

IMHO, I wouldn't worry so much about the late drop so much. But that is just me and Ele has some good input. I just say this because of my experience that it seemed H's nadir moved around for a while in the beginning of the switch. That and sliding scale really doesn't take time into consideration, or at least my version of it doesn't and I've seen others talk to that point. How about you Alice, does your version of SS take time into effect or do you just shoot no matter what based one what the PS is?

Personally, I really like those numbers you got so far. We'll see where he end up PMPS.

7. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Don't you see a round blue thing next to the pm button under tabby's avatar to the right of the screen? Let me know. I can see it. And I will get a +11. Tabby gets his shot at 4:30am eastern time.LOL

8. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I have had isssues in the past with if Tabby was going up or down at ps time. I usually use the ps number to dose on. I let fd consume my life for a long time and had to let go of some things. There has been times he goes up all day than back down late day. He is crazy. We will see what I get later.

9. Gator & H (GA)

Nope, many of us use a different theme for this site to "calm" it down. Heck you might even like the subsilver2 theme better. Anyway my pictures are on the left and no globe. SOOOOO you may want to stick a link to your profile in your sig. My link to my profile goes to my old one just like yours does.

10. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Buddha had one of those high in the middle and lower at the end days yesterday! I know it wasn't a fur shot, but I'm wondering if I managed to slip the needle through the skin layer and not underneath. So the insulin was in Buddha, just didn't get absorbed properly.

11. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I got the profile link there but I can't get it to say Tabby's profile. That will take someone to pm me and help me.LOL I hope this works for now. I didn't know there are different views.LOL

12. Gator & H (GA)

Here copy and paste everything green below into you sig. Replace everything in the old sig with the green below:
    Code:
    [size=85][url=http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=td4GzbQZlhO1UCzt24e0tRQ&output=html]Tabby's Spreadsheet[/url] | [url=http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/profile.php?9,1825]Tabby's Profile[/url] | ProZinc[/size]

13. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

GAtor you did it. It's all there. And neat and tidy. It looks great. Thank you so much. Now everyone kind find any of Tabby's info. Thanks again for all the help. I stink at the computer stuff.

14. Gator & H (GA)

N/P look like you still have a couple "returns" or extra lines at the end of your sig that you could delete. Other than that it looks good (if I do say so myself) :smile: All this before my first cup of joe.

I was just thinking about your go safe approach you too to the introduction and I think that will really help you adjust your scale here when you are ready.

15. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Gator maybe you can pm me when you have time and I can try to fix that.

16. Gator & H (GA)

Place your cursor at the end of the "ProZinc[/size]" so that it is blinking just on the right side of the "]" . Then press the "delete" key on your keyboard and hold it down for about 5 seconds. That should fix it.

17. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I can see the globe, and the profile from the signature works great too!!!

I'm really liking today's #s! I calculated about a 55% drop which seems really good to me, probably wouldn't want more than that off the higher PS, though you might need a hair more when you get to lower PSs... but one step at a time!!! I'm thinking this may end up being a good dose, although it could be a little wow factor still in the mix, but who knows. It's really nice to see all those yellow #s, I think you are making super progress....

go Alice & Tabby!!! :RAHCAT

It might not feel that way to you til you see blue #s, but hopefully you will get enough duration soon that the PSs will start coming down and it'll be blue sailing soon!!!!

18. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Thanks Joanna. I am not sure what dose I am going to give tonight. I use a sliding scale but since we are new to Prozinc I am making one from scratch. I know it will be lower just not sure how much lower. And awesome cheerleader. You have some mad skills.LOL

19. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd consider sticking with this dose even on a lower PS. I haven't done a lot of analysis myself but was told that you can view PZI in terms of the % drop rather than absolute #s, and my experience with Bix seems to have matched that idea. With him, I found whenever I lowered the dose on a lower PS his #s went back up. When I finally had a breakthrough with him it was from holding that higher dose as the PS came down, and only lowering it when his PSs started getting under 150 and nadirs low enough in the DDs to make me start to get nervous (though I didn't wait for anything near danger level!).

Of course ECID and Tabby is special :mrgreen: , that's just what worked for us. Based on that approach I think Tabby could probably tolerate a slightly higher % drop, though personally I wouldn't try that on the higher PSs because it might end up too steep. To the extent that I used a sliding scale with Bix, though I never had a systematic one that worked, I only had success after he was regulated, and it was more or less to raise the dose a hair when I got a PS higher than 180, to force the #s back down. Before he got regulated, I found my sliding scale efforts usually equated to me undershooting I think. But that may have just been me, not saying that is true for you at all (I haven't studied Tabby's #s enough to have any sense of that anyway).

Of course #1 priority is safety so I wouldn't advise you to shoot more than what you think is right, but I'd hate to see you lose this nice progress! If it were me I'd lower the dose if you get a crazy-low PS off this cycle, like in the blues or something, but if the #s are going back up end of cycle personally I would stick with it. If they are flattish, I might consider dropping by 0.2u, or I might stick with the same dose and plan on getting in some spot checks to be sure there isn't too much drop with the extra overlap.

Just my 2c... as you know, there are no right answers - just an endless series of confusing choices. :lol:

20. Gator & H (GA)

I agree a lot with Joanna.

The other day when you does a 3.6 and then you let up on the dose too much and to quick [IMHO] to 3.4 Tabby just went back up again. But I know you are playing it safe which is good too.

Currently, 3.6u seem to get you places and 3.4u seems to just let Tabby come back up. I'd potentially like to see what 3.5u does at some point. Of course you are just in the beginning with this so...

I often equate getting the right dose that will allow the one to achieve an equal PS to PS as like trying to balance an elephant on a pinhead. I know you are dosing higher than H but that maxim seems to have some relevance to even higher doses.

I'm excited for you guys that you have some good action with 3.6u. That's a huge deal!

21. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

amps 477 3.6u
    +3 293
    +6 237
    +8 216
    +11 331

I figure pmps will be even higher. I hope by not much. We will see. I may just stick with the 3.6u and do some spot checks. I have greenies incase he heads too low. And I have low carb fish flavored Fancy feast that we save for special times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.