Tabby 3/2 - Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I am so happy with our progress so far. I know it's not great for some people but it is fantastic for us. I even have some blues on our spreadsheet. I won't keep posting to this post but I will post his pmps number to the spreadsheet. So if you're interested check it our. I am so happy at how prozinc is working for us.Tabby is using more Porzinc than he did Idexx but I don't care. Just happy people here. I konw we will have some higher number days but I am very optimistic today. :D

2. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

great!

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Very good to hear Alice! And I'm sure as time goes on and you get more data and thus your comfort level goes up you will see incremental improvements too.

on that note... let me get my coffee in me and scheme a little on how I can hijack this topic. ;-)

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

It is so nice to see that blue number. Way to go Alice! And Tabby is being a good boy too. I hope this continues for you.

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

YAY!!! Happy is a good thing! :mrgreen: You are really making great progress, and it looks like with some fine-tuning you will start seeing better & better #s. The balance of colors on the spreadsheet is starting to shift.... woohoo!!!!! :thumbup

6. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

Thank you all. And we are just getting a beginner scale worked out for this new insulin and it's going great. Had a pmps of 259 and that is great for us. I am excited with the numbers we are getting. I can only imagine how happy we will be after we fine tune things. Our spreadsheet says it all. No hijacking Gator.LOL And I have noticed others on Prozinc making progress also. So far this is the best insulin we have used. I hope the good numbers keep up.

7. Gator & H (GA)

There have been a lot of doubters, naysayers [and somewhat understandable hand-wringing] about ProZinc. I'm happy that at least some of us [especially those of us that were on PZI Vet] have found some 'success' with it.

I admit I was scratching my head a bit like you were in the beginning, but it just took a little time and patience before things seemed to get worked out and back to something I was more used to.

For us it seemed like the maybe the first few weeks [ok, looking back it was longer but it took me a while to check my ego and understand this was a NEW insulin] were H getting used to the new insulin and any new shooting rhythms and then after that was a gradual dialing-in and improvements.

8. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

*zips it up and refuses to help Gator hijack this thread* ;)

That is wonderful that you are so happy with ProZinc and how Tabby has been doing on it. Progress is progress, measured against your own scale, not anyone else's. :) Keep up the great work and know it only gets better from here on out.

9. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Alice and Tabby!!! So very happy for you!!!!!!!!! I am getting blues, but I am also trying to stay calm as it has been a 'ride' so far! Gator, My Friend, what does 'hijacking a thread' mean? lol...Anyways, each day is a new surprise right now, yes the hand-wringing also...I feel on track, so, thank you all for support and help... :YMHUG:

10. Sarah and Buzz

Hijacking a thread is when someone posts something that isn't really about the original topic/question at all, and then it creates a discussion on that thread about the new topic, and no one is talking about the old topic at all. :)

11. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

what? like talking poop?? :oops:

12. Sarah and Buzz

Literal poop, or the other kind of poop that means you are talking bad about someone? ;)

If you mean the second one, no, it doesn't have to be that. It could be completely innocuous. Like if someone asked for advice on food choices, and then someone posted something about how their vet had told them not to feed Friskies (just an example), and then someone else posted about how vets are so incompetent and why would a vet not recommend Friskies, and then it devolved into a slam on vets. Although I guess that IS talking bad about someone....but all that was just an example. :)

13. Gator & H (GA)

OK I just can't help myself now, I think you guys [gals] are just needling me to do it. They need a smiley with the dude with his hands over his mouth. Here's the alpha for that: :-X Don't get me started on vet slamming [or poop ;-) ].

14. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Ah, yes...OT, Off Topic, gotcha...clear as mud...lol, but I got it! lol

15. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Alice - so glad to hear it!! I'm watching your spreadsheet to see how Tabby is doing.

And I'll avoid the poop talk as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.