Tabby has bloody diarrhea

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alice and Tabby, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

He had problems as a kitten with terrible diarreah but I started to feed him food with brewers rice in it and he was better for the last 5 years. Than he wouldn't eat his Friskies and it looked different. Purina said they didn't change the formula but I told them something was wrong. They don't really care. Also had to stop feeding FF as they did change their formula and my cats refused to eat it. Now back to Tabby. His food can does say rice on it but it use to say brewers rice on it. I would think this would be the same thing but Tabby's bathroom habits are telling me something else. Any ideas are welcome. Tabby is on Prozinc, sorry I haven't updated his profile in a long time. Just worried about this bloody diarreah. I mixed an acidopolus capsule in with his food today. I will monitor him closely. Just can't find any other foods with brewers rice in them I could try feeding him. I am not at all happy with Purina. I hope it's just the food and not anything else. I just lost my Calvin(GA) cat of 16 1/2 years a month ago and can't take that again. Advice needed.

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

oh gosh Alice. I really have no advice about this but holding you all close and hoping youget and answer and tabby feels better soon. have you tried a raw diet of any sorts. worked for Mr. chubbs
    has he been checked for any other intestinal problems?? no tumors or anything like strictures or hemorrhoids

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sudden bloody diarrhea for more than a day or so would mean a vet visit for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.