Tabby's first day of Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alice and Tabby, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

His amps waS 439-no insulin for 2 days to clear his system. I ddin't want to take any chances. I shot 2.2u, his usual dose (Idexx) is 3.4u so we will see at a spot check later to see how he's doing. Want to be safe.

Alice and Tabby

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Better safe than sorry. :smile:

Thanks for keeping us updated.

3. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

amps 439
    +6 247

Glad I didn't dose any higher, at least for now. We will see how this insulin settles in. We will see were we end up.

Alice and Tabby

4. Gator & H (GA)

Yea, I got an unexpected drop in the start. But I think ours was related to his appetite fluctuations. I only caught a an unexpected drop once - even more credence to my appetite theory. lol Got my lesson taught to me - after that I got back on the more testing wagon.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Alice,
    We are still on PZI, so I don't know how the ProZinc works. But I do know that with Blackie we usually get a drop on the first dose change and then it takes him another 5 cycles (shots) to see what the new dose is really going to do. You're being cautious so I think you and Tabby will do great. I look forward to seeing your spreadsheet.

6. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

I do leave Tabby's food out all day. I know it may cause fluctuations but I have found it's worth it. He is also a big eater. He eats a can of friskies am and a can of friskies in the pm. He usually leaves some behind but I know he isn't starving. Not sure if I will shoot 2.2u if he's a lot lower number tonight. I have gotten lazy in the testing area. He hasn't had anything but amps and pmps test in many months. I also work all week so I will have to do the best I can.

Alice and Tabby

7. Gator & H (GA)

Actually, leaving food out all the time means less fluctuations because they are eating more smaller meals and have a more steady input of fuel.

8. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job on getting your spreadsheet up! I hope Tabby gets some good numbers on Prozinc.

9. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

amps 439 2.2u
    +6 247
    pmps 389 2.2u

Stayed with the same dose and we will see what it gives me for numbers.

10. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Alice and Tabby...I am on Day 4 with my SugarKitty, using ProZinc now (ex-Vetsulin user)...Seems that you and I are having similar issues...Hopefully, Newbies with ProZinc and overall Newbies will find our information helpful...The marathon continues!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.