Taffy Gotcha Day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Taffysmama, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Well, I'm just posting here in honor of Taffy's Gotcha Day... we haven't been keeping up on our FD posts... but he's doing well. We test multiple times/day, he's still status quo on 1.25 to 1.5 units, don't seem to move from there. t think it's going to be a lifelong thing, but he eats well, poops pretty well and purrs a lot so that's all I can ask for!
    It's his Gotcha Day today I've had him 6 years he was approx 9.5 when I got him so that makes him 15 and a half! Going on 23 months since his diabetes diagnosis, and I don't think he'd be here today without this board and all the wonderful help and information from everybody here, certainly my vet would not have been as much help Taffy says hi!!!

Leah likes this.
  2. Taffysmama

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Wow, Taffy is incredibly handsome and photogenic! He's doing well, you are keeping him safe. Julie, you are a fantastic momma bean!

Taffysmama likes this.
  4. Taffysmama

Thank you! He IS very photogenic! So is your baby!

I'm lucky to have him. His 1st momma was a senior and passed. I had just lost a 3yr old MC to heart failure and was devastated. Taffy looks very similar and a friend helped us adopt him.

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Wow, wow, wow!

The similarities are uncanny. Down to the white socks :D Gizmo is 14 1/2. Dx 10/2016 (23 months).

Just took this today

download_20180907_114112.jpg

Taffysmama likes this.
  6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

They do look alike, GOSH, look at that face! I just want to nuzzle that kitty! All our babies are so special, so beautiful and such characters. Aren't we lucky?

Taffysmama likes this.
  7. LizzieInTexas

Yes we are. All the fur babies here are gorgeous.

Happy gotcha day Taffy :cat:

Taffysmama likes this.
  8. Taffysmama

Wow! Same diagnosis and everything! we were October 2016 also. I've always fed Taffy wet food and homemade raw, I think his pancreas must have been ruined before I got him by his first mama... she loved him, but I think she just fed mainly cheap dry and occasional can of Friskies.
    The White Sox just kill me I freaking love them!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  9. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

If I tell you how beautiful Taffy is (which he is) will you tell me what the color code is on your blue kitchen cabinets?
    We're having ours resurfaced and we like things that are different. Like cats! :smuggrin:

Taffysmama likes this.
  10. Taffysmama

I just took those pics of Taffy today also. They do have so many similarities, down to the age, diagnosis date, and Insulin dose. I checked out Gizmo's spreadsheet, though, and he does seem to have steadily better numbers than Taffy. Taffy still spikes up into the 200s and 300s even, but when I up his dose to 1.5 then we get big dips that make me nervous. I'm looking into a dental and hoping maybe getting his teeth in better shape might help his numbers. He's also had continued problems with bad bacterial overgrowth in his gut, he needs another round of poop pills...everything so darned expensive!
    Why do you think Gizmo hasn't gone OTJ? I don't believe Taffy ever will, his panc is shot.

11. LizzieInTexas

Same reason. He was hospitalized 2x's for pancreatitis and put on a month long regiment of steroids. He ended up with FD shortly there after. He still suffers from chronic panc. He was hospitalized an additional time after dx too. He also has high blood pressure, anemia and ckd. I doubt he will ever go off the juice. No idea what brought the pancreatitis on.

Every day that is a good day makes it all worth it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Taffysmama likes this.
  12. Taffysmama

Exactly!

13. Taffysmama

Taffy said thank you! But, darn it, sorry my cabinets are just espresso brown. Must be a lighting trick. It's a new apartment complex.

14. Taffysmama

Oh and PS... your kitty looks like my other baby, Baby Kitty! He's 10 and not FD...

15. Taffysmama

can't get a pic to load. ..

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Happy Gottcha Day! Nice to her from you and Taffy and to hear he is doing well. He sure is a handsome boy and I think he and Gizmo could be twins!

Taffysmama likes this.
  17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Taffy is doing well. He is gorgeous. Love the pictures. Happy Gotcha Day!

Taffysmama likes this.