? Taking Spot to the vet today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SpotsMom, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Well, Spot was doing so well for a few days (even gained back a little weight), but he seems to be taking a turn for the worse again. He hasn't been eating for 2 days now, but until today I've been able to force feed him enough to keep me from worrying. Today, he started vomiting everything up and dry heaving, so off to the vet we go :(

I've had my suspicions that he has pancreatitis, so I'll definitely be talking to the vet about that. Any other ideas of what could cause him to cycle between sickness/wellness like this? It usually lasts a few days, then poof he'll be fine again for a little while. Does that happen with kidney or liver issues?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

A vet visit is a good idea. Pancreatitis can wax and wane like this.

3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I am so happy with my vet right now. It was a bit $$$, but I didn't have to convince her of anything. She knows her stuff!

She thinks its pancreatitis also, but they are also testing liver, kidney & thyroid (results tomorrow). Did an x-ray to check for internal issues, gave him fluids & Cerenia in the office today, so hopefully he'll feel a little better by dinner time.

My little spitfire is usually a beast at the vet, and today he pretty much just laid there and let them do what they wanted to... so I know he's sick and I'm very glad that we went! Hopefully tomorrow will bring some news that we can act on and get him feeling better again!

4. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hopefully he starts feeling better and you will know what's wrong with him

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

He's eating on his own today WOOHOO!! And despite the stress of going to the vet yesterday, his numbers look great! No matter what today's test results say, it appears the fluids and Cerenia were the right course of action :D

Squalliesmom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  6. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

And pancreatitis it is... All the other tests came back negative, so that's good. I have another appointment this afternoon to learn how to do SubQ fluids. Fun fun! :nailbiting:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

SpotsMom likes this.
  8. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Sharon14 likes this.
  9. Laly&Kitiara

Laly&Kitiara Member

Good luck! fingers crossed.

10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

This is my favorite sub q video.

SpotsMom likes this.
  11. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

That is a good one! He makes it look so easy... almost fun!

We did ok at the vet’s office today. He was very chill, and I only missed once. We’ll see if we can do better at home tomorrow!

12. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Is it normal to see instantly lower BG numbers after subq fluids? I have noticed Spots numbers are significantly lower since his first one yesterday. I expected a little bit of a jump from vet stress, but he actually went lower both days!

Edit: until now of course! Looks like he bounced from the green a few hours ago...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.