Talbot not feeling well today. Dental side affects or cp?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by melinda and talbot, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melinda and talbot

melinda and talbot Member

Talbot had his dental last thursday. He had a tooth removed and another root that had surfaced drilled down.

He was fine afterwards, did not seem to be in too much pain. He ate normally. I've been giving him bup 2x a day, 12 hours apart. The bup dose from last night and this morning could have been expired. I'm not sure if I put the bup in an older container when I was traveling or if it was part of the newer script. I know the previous doses were good though. He's also on clavamox 2x a day.

This morning he seemed a bit down, not interested in doing anything. He hasn't eaten today that I have seen. He sort of stares off into space, although he will look at me. He's making mouth movements sort of like he's nauseated but not quite the same. I'm wondering if he's feeling the stitch in his mouth from the tooth removal.

No throwing up yet so I'm hoping this will pass and it's not pancreatitis. I took his temp and it was 100.4 so they don't feel it's an infection.

I called the vet but neither of his vets were in today. The vet I talked to recommended stopping the clavamox and bup and see what happens. She also recommended giving 100 ml of fluids, which I have on hand and can do. I don't feel as comfortable with this vet. She said he didn't even need insulin tonight if he was under 300! Otherwise I'm to give 1/2 a dose. He's on lantus so that doesn't seem like good advise. His regular vet will be in tomorrow AM so I can bring him in then if necessary.

I'm a little nervous about the way he's feeling.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I have no advice but boy do I know that feeling. Sending prayers Talbot will be fine.
    Jeanne

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

The AB could be causing a belly ache, but I do have problems with Tucker when he gets dentals. He had one tooth removed in 2005 and we had three vet visits after, one at an ER clinic because his gum kept swelling. One time was over a month after the removal.

Maybe he'll fee better after the fluids, but just in case do you think maybe some pepcid for his belly in case it is a belly ache?

I'm no expert or vet, but I do hope this is nothing and it passes quickly.

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

As mentioned, it could be a few things, but the clavamox is definitely a red flag for me (hopefully not a red herring if you get my drift)...it isn't allowed in my house unless absolutely necessary, as my civie Cleo stopped eating when on it.

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.