Talk to me about supplements for my high-dose kitty!

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Mary Ann & Baby, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

Hi all, please talk to me about supplements for my high-dose (6.5u BID right now) kitty, Baby. I heard some particular supplements may help with lowering BG levels? Taurine, Vitamin E, Omega 3s? Any others? What do you all use...brands and where to buy? How to administer? Have you had good results? Thanks!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I used Omega 3, but that was for it's anti-inflammatory properties for Neko's arthritis. No impact on the BG, other than reducing pain can reduce blood sugar values. Most pet foods have taurine and vitamins in them already.

At this point, the best bet for lowering Baby's blood sugar is increasing the insulin.

sbluhrs and Mary Ann & Baby like this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Wendy is correct. The only way to lower the BG is thru insulin. Kudos to you for now testing and posting results in your spreadsheet daily.

if there is neuropathy, then Zobaline (B12) is usually given. There are dozens of threads on it. Neuropathy can often be reversed thru:
    - proper BG regulation
    - Zobaline (B12)