Teasel This Week 2

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kris & Teasel, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Shot this AM on a green PS. Extra testing ahead but my hunch is he'll be OK. I'm gradually getting used to the lower numbers the human meter is giving me.

Rachel, Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Wow! The colors on his spreadsheet are so different with the human meter! He's looking good!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Switching to the human meter must make it a bit more nerve wracking at first. Teasel looks wonderful!!!

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Very nice colour palette now Mr. Teasel :cat:

5. Kris & Teasel

If you're interested, go read my L Land post for today - my reflections on keeping a tight rein on BG.

6. Djamila

I think your reasoning makes a lot of sense. On one hand, I understand the aggressive approach to dosing that they take over there - encouraging people to aim for a lime green and use food to steer away from it - there have been good results for many cats using that tactic. However, that only works if you can stay home and monitor constantly. For some people, dedicating every moment of their day to managing their cat's diabetes is how they have chosen to prioritize their lives. For other people, there are other choices and demands that need to be balanced with the FD, and then a more moderate approach needs to be taken so that there is room to care for family and friends as well as caring for our cats. You've done a great job of figuring out best approaches for Teasel and I hope people will respect the decision you've made to keep Teasel safe, and still take care of the humans in your life (yourself included!) at the same time.

Sharon14 and Blair & Freya like this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Thanks, Djamila! You understand exactly where I'm coming from. :bighug::) I've been at this a long time with my tricky kitty and even though I'm quite calm about it all, it really does wear me down.

Djamila likes this.
  8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I loved your post in L Land! Everyone has to figure out the best way to dose their kitty that works with THEIR lives as well. Yes, we make sacrifices for our cats, but we also have to live our lives. We have work, families, and other things that come up that we have to work around. You have to do what is right for you and your cat.

9. Yong & Maury GA

Quick clarification, please Kris. With Lantus and using U-100 syringes 1.0 mark is 1.0U of Lantus right? Right now with Prozinc and using U-100 syringes 1.0 is 0.4U

10. Kris & Teasel

Correct. 1.0 mark is 1.0 u.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  11. Kris & Teasel

Breaking all the Lantus rules this week ... :eek:

Rachel and Sharon14 like this.
  12. Yong & Maury GA

Oh how so? I'll probably be over there soon to break some too! :woot:

13. Djamila

Teasel's spreadsheet looks sooooo good with that human meter! I know it hasn't really changed his numbers, of course, but it sure looks nice! Are you still using the AT2 at all? Or just saving your sanity and keeping to one meter?

14. Kris & Teasel

I'm using the human meter exclusively, Djamila. Aside from reading lower over all, it also "compresses" BG readings into a slightly narrower range (from lows to highs) and that contributes to the appearance of reduced drama on my SS. The difference in reading is always mentioned on here but the range compression never is.

15. Djamila

I've been thinking about going the other direction and getting an AT2. I've only ever used a human meter and I've been wondering what Sam's real numbers would look like. It's too expensive to use regularly, but an occasional curve might be interesting. The compression makes sense given the divergent difference between the two types of meters (closer at the lower end, farther at the higher end).

16. Kris & Teasel

Yes, you could use the AT for the occasional curve. I might do that eventually because I still have some AT strips. Right now, though, I'm enjoying the Brave New World of a human meter SS! :D

Djamila likes this.
  17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It sure does look pretty with those human numbers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.