Tenderfoot needs some prayers please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nancy and Cody, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Tenderfoot, Cody's brother, has been gradually more anorexic and weak. Fever this weekend is not responding to Baytril and SQ LRS. Were off to the emergency vet in a minute. Would appreciate some prayers sent our way ASAP - Thanks

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers coming

3. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

What a week for you! Prayers from here too.

4. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, Nancy, sending many many prayers your way!

5. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Feel better soon, Tenderfoot!

6. Lana and Elliott (GA)

Lana and Elliott (GA) New Member

Lots of prayers coming your way. I hope Tenderfoot is better soon!

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding my prayers...

8. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dear Nancy, and especially you, furry Tenderfoot,

Please know we're holding you both very close in our hearts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Deb and Nikki, lovingly sent by Gizzie...

9. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Adding my prayers. Feel better soon, Tenderfoot.

~M

10. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Nancy))))) Sending prayers for Tenderfoot. I hope you can figure out what's going on and find a solution.

11. Nancy and Cody

x ray- he has a mass in his abdomen, he is extremely jaundice, 103.4, giving vit k, b vits, pepcid, IV', 2 antibiotics, staying overnight I guess. I don't want him to die in the hosp, but staying is his best shot. cant stop crying- he slept wrapped aeound my head last night - purring quietly - paw on my face please keep praying

12. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Prayers coming for Tenderfoot

13. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Nancy))))))) sending prayers and good thoughts

14. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Lots of prayers for you and Tenderfoot!

15. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Oh Nancy, I am so sorry Tenderfoot is going through this...and you as well. Sending tons of healing thoughts your way. <<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>

16. eliseandpony

eliseandpony Member

Nancy, how are you? how is tenderfoot? i tried to post earlier but i see it isn't up here for some reason. i was trying to tell you that ever since i first became aware of you here on the FDMB, i fell in love with the name tenderfoot. i have been calling both my guys tenderfoot as a cutesy nickname. i say, "will the real tenderfoot please step forward," and i sing them a little tenderfoot song. i am so sorry to hear about your hard time. stay strong, even though it is difficult. Know that there is a cat, a dog, and a lady in oregon thinking of tenderfoot and sending out every prayer and healing thought to you both.

17. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Prayers and Angels watching over you sweet Tenderheart....Hope good news follows LOL Kath

18. Nancy and Cody

Well you guys are awesome! Your prayers have been heard and TF is coming home for the night tonight. He is doing better, fever is better jaundice is a bit better- ( I guess that takes awhile) He does have this mass, which may well turn out to be cancer, but maybe it's a cyst or blocked gall bladder? He will go back to the vet tomorrow for an US with some traveling vet, no sedation.

He is not out of the woods by any means, but at least we will have some time to get more info and make the right decisions.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words and especially the prayers! It really strengthened me knowing you guys were holding me up.

19. Iorwen & Tray

So glad to hear Tenderfoot is doing better and coming home to be with you. You have my continued prayers.

20. Michelle & Prudence

Nancy, Still keeping you guys in my thoughts & prayers. <<<<<<<<<<Big HUGS 2 U!>>>>>>>>>>

21. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Nancy, many prayers coming for Tenderfoot and just saw your update. So glad to know he will be home with you tonight and hopefully that "mass" is something treatable.

22. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Nancy,
    You and Tenderfoot will both be in my thoughts. Hoping for the best for you both.

23. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Adding my prayers too.

24. Nancy and Cody

Tenderfoot is back at our vet today for fluids and an US. I'm dropping by every 3 hrs to feed him and he is doing OK.

It was truly a precious gift to have him home last night - we were tied at the hip so to speak, and every moment I get to hold him is treasured time. I'm trying to get ready for the likely news I'll be getting today, but until then keeping my spirits up best as possible. Still break into tears randomly but ... well...

25. Nancy and Cody

break out the champaign!!!! NO CANCER :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

US vet said he has a raging triaditis. which is painful, and he's sick, but he should be able to recover if we keep fluids, and other meds coming. I will be rereading the famous "pancreatitis post' from JOJO and Bunny and then i will go break out the chocolate ice cream (for me of course :lol: )

Thank you to all you cyber angels out there- :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT party_cat party_cat flip_cat flip_cat

26. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Sending gentle hugs to both of you

Jen

27. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

wonderful news!!

28. eliseandpony

eliseandpony Member

so happy for you guys, hope tenderfoot can be feeling all better soon. we're still singing tenderfoot tunes over here!

29. Iorwen & Tray

that's amazing news! I'm so happy for you, enjoy your ice cream, you deserve it after all the stress.
    Praying for quick healing for Tenderfoot

30. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

:dizcat drinking24 dancing_cat flip_cat Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tenderfoot way to go my boy Schooch has ahad panceatitis for the past 6 years have to find that post by Jo Jo ????????? so happy for you both Prayers and Angels watching over you both LOL Kath

31. Michelle & Prudence

That's wonderful!!! :RAHCAT Sending you guys <<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>> Have a GREAT night! drinking24

32. Nancy and Cody

TF has spent the weekdays getting IV with b vit at the vet, and home with me at night. I go in every day to spoon feed midday. He seems better, fever was normal today, and his jaundice is improving. Bilirubin was 6 on monday and 3 today. WBC unfortunately is going up: 32,000 on Monday and 41,000 today; and his hematocrit is dropping 35 monday to 24 today.

What could be making him more anemic?
    working diagnosis- triaditis

33. Nancy and Cody

Numbers are better today- new heavy hitter antibiotic seems to be working quickly overnight (amikasin).

WBC --- 41,700 -----> 32,300 fri-->sat
    HCT ---- 24.1----------> 27 fri--> sat
    platlet- 103,000-----> 122,000 fri---> sat
    totBilir 6.0---->3.0 Monday to friday

So the good news is he is regenerating red blood cells
    and the antibiotics are working which decreases need for white blood cells
    He continues to look better. SubQs over the weekend, back on monday

34. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

:thumbup :RAHCAT dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat Wonderful news, just wonderful.

35. Nancy and Cody

wowo, Amikasin rocks! (although I'm waiting to find out it zapped his kidneys)

TF is asking for food, EATING it on his OWN, purring, hanging out, head up and alert, pooping, grooming (even delivered a lovely big hairball along with his dinner) then proceeded to ask for more food. I had to inject it today (sunday) and he cried- ahhh didn't like that.

Anyway, I think he looks better than he has in a year. I think we may have an anal gland issue I never noticed before- ahhh the things we learn doctoring these children.

36. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

37. Nancy and Cody

he had another blood test today before amikasin shot # 4. All values improving and BUN & creatinine are holding good. bilirubin down to 1.5. He's acting 2 years younger.

Thanks for the prayers :D

38. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so very glad that TF is doing better now,
    he will still be in my prayers that he gets 100% better.

~M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.