Terms of Use: Off board advising

Discussion in 'Announcements & How to use the FDMB' started by Robert and Echo, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

First of all, I want to reiterate that the purpose of FDMB is for expression of personal opinions about treatment of feline diabetes, or statements of scientifically based treatment options, in an open, peer-reviewed atmosphere.

I do not condone any personal private advising, by Facebook, phone, email, smoke signals, or any communication method off the board. And it includes using the PM system of the FDMB.
    Of course, I have no control over what you do off FDMB. I am simply stating that I will not allow the FDMB to be used for this purpose. It is disrespectful to your peers on this site and also exposes FDMB to a lot of legal liability.

If you are doing off board advising for some reason, please respect the person you are advising and tell them this is your PERSONAL opinion. You may also want to state on the board what you have advised and ask for peer review. Or maybe not! I know that I personally advise my sister-in-law about her cat. But I don't use FDMB to do it. And I always make sure she discusses my suggestions with her vet.

If you come across a message indicating that someone is doing personal advising using the FDMB resources, please PM or email me immediately. And please don't complain to me about advice being given on Facebook pages or boards I don't administer, or by personal email, etc. Just not on FDMB, please.

My apologies for my crabby mood when I first posted this announcement. My emotions affected my judgment (imagine that!) and so I wanted to try to restate my position more clearly. Maybe tomorrow I will revise this statement once again!

Thank you so much.

_Rebecca
    Purr more, hiss less

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well you did make me laugh with the 'smoke signals' way of dosing advice. :lol:

3. Lylene & Barry

Lylene & Barry Member

The smoke signals got me, too. Living in a county with two reservations, I've heard a few "smoke signal" jokes. Actually, given the distance between many of us, I'd also recommend not using the series of bonfires. Unless it's to signify a party. dancing_cat flip_cat

I think I'll send your advice on "Purr more. Hiss less." to my sister-in-law. She has issues. grr_red

Lylene & Barry

4. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    edited 2/6/11 to add emphasis marks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.