Test strip ??

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

So I opened a new vial of InsulinX strips and performed my control which came up higher than usual at 172. I did another control using AT2 strip at 168. All my other control tests since I started this process came up in the 140s. Anything I should be concerned with? Meter reading funky? Bad control solution? It’s the same bottle of solution since I started this so 4 months old. Thoughts appreciated. Happy Friday!!

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Are you using the right code?

3. JanetNJ

I find code 38 is accurate for insulinx strips. Can't help you with the control question. I think I used control once about 2 1/2 years ago. Lol

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Are the numbers still within the acceptable range listed for control solution on the vial of strips? I think control solution is only supposed to be good for maybe 3 months after you open it.

UPDATE: I confirmed. It is 90 days after opening. I once tried to use some that was older, and it did not work correctly. I tried with a new bottle and the results were different/better.

5. Lisa and little

Yes. My current AT2 vial is a 37 code. Been using it for quite a while as I only use AT2 strips when I do the first test with new vial or get a reading out of the ordinary

6. Lisa and little

Yes. 185 is the limit

7. JanetNJ

Ok then it's fine.

8. Lisa and little

Yes but wondering if the control reads high does the actual blood test? If so that could cause mis dosing / higher dosing than needed

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No real connection. The purpose of the control solution is to see that the strip-meter combination is giving a proper reading. If a test on a drop of control solution gives a reading within the range specified on the strip vial's label then you know everything is working properly.

10. Lisa and little

Ty. After I thought about it I realized. Especially since the insulin x and AT2 control test were the same. Thanks Kris.