? Test Strips & Cold Temperatures

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by H.M. Victor (GA), Nov 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

I just ordered a Nova Max meter for ketone testing which came with some ketone and glucose test strips, and it was delivered to the mailboxes here yesterday at 2:56 PM but we didn't get down there to get it until probably around 3:30 PM today, so I was just wondering if the test strips will still be okay to use since they say they need to be stored between a certain temperature range, but they were sitting down there in a cold mailbox for a day.

Thanks in advance :cat:

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Unless it was super cold outside (below freezing) I don't think it should be a problem. I'm sure the couriers/postal workers don't worry about them being stored in proper temperature range so I'd expect the packaging from the shipper to take any real temperature issues into consideration.

3. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Checked the temperature history for where I live and it looks like the lowest it got was one degree above freezing, so do you think that is still okay?

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I think they should be fine. With all the folks getting strips delivered by mail, if it was a problem, the companies shipping them would be packaging them accordingly. I know pharmacies take weather into consideration when shipping meds.

H.M. Victor (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.