Test Strips Error - Relion Confirm

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alexis & Nikki (GA), May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

Alexis & Nikki (GA) Member

I have a Relion Confirm and last night I started getting an error that the test strips weren't matching, even though I'm still using strips from the same container as over the weekend. Is this common? Or is it just that my meter is cheezed? It's never beeped, although it is set to, so I'm curious if it's just defective overall...

2. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

I have been using the confirm for about a month, the only errors I have received have been E6 and E7. E7 is simple, too small of a sample. E6 is an issue with the strip, I tend to get this when it takes me too long to get blood from the point at which I took the strip out and 'partially' inserted it into the machine. Any time I accidentally push the strip in too far and it activates the machine, I just toss that one, because I know I wont get the blood within the 20ish seconds, and it doesn't let you re-use a strip, whether it got blood or not, you have only a short window after it has contacted and activated the meter. My meter beeps with no problems, so maybe yours is a little wonky.

3. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

I tried a couple of fresh strips and got the error every time! I don't know how that's possible when I'm using the same container. Grrrr. Guess I'll go blow another $15 picking up a new one. :evil:

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Call the 800 number on the back of the strips - they'll either replace your defective strips QUICKLY or they'll replace your meter if they think it's bad. I've gotten WONDERFUL service when I have any issue.

BIG HUGS!

5. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

That's great to know! I'll definitely give them a call and see if they can help. It seems like if it isn't one thing, it's the next around my house these days... :?

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Do not tell them you are using the meter/strips on a cat. Just say you are a caretaker.

7. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

Really? This would affect the customer service? How disappointing.

8. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Yes, some users has said they used the meter on their cat and then the rep said the meter is not approved for cats and refused to help.

9. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

Good to know for future reference, thanks. Those buggers :(

10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Relion's customer service is excellant. They have replaced a couple meters for me in the past when Callie knocked it off of the counter. I usually had the meter within a day or two. But I agree, let them think that you use it on yourself and not a cat. You can always test yourself and then you will be telling them the truth. :mrgreen:

11. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

lol, I actually did, before I ever tried it on Frog... I wanted to know what I was doing to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.