Test strips from eBay

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mimis mom, Nov 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

How do you know for sure you’re getting a good quality? I got 100 freestyle test strips for 39$ and the pharmacies here in the states sell them for a whopping 150-170$ for 100... what gives!

I had the Relion and it required too much blood. Mimi was hating it-‘I was hating doing it-
    I went back to freestyle and I can not believe how much easier it is.. I also can not for the life of me understand why Relion d/c the confirm or the micro. That .2 unit of blood is HUGE when you’re tying to get blood from their tiny bodies

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I routinely bought strips from either Ebay, Amazon, or ADWDiabetes -- wherever they were the least expensive. As long as the box of strips was sealed it was fine. I would just check that with Ebay, the strips are not past their expiration. That said, some people here routinely purchased expired strips and didn't have a problem. The price of strips (I used a Bayer Contour meter) was double what I was paying on line compared to if I purchased at a pharmacy.

3. Mimis mom

Just wondering how they can possibly get them so cheap- like are they stealing them? I guess I’m overthinking it?

4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

My guess is that they are coming from human diabetics whose testing supplies are covered by their insurance. They get the max amount of supplies that are covered under insurance/Medicare and sell whatever they don't use.

5. Mimis mom

I hope so! :) the guy I get them from told me it’s because they are packaged for international markets (whatever the hell than means)

6. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Just wondering if temperature control may be an issue with eBay purchases? How important is it to make sure the strips have been kept at the recommended temperatures?

7. Mimis mom

I used to work in a pharmacy and the strips come in the same carts as other items found in store. They weren’t packaged special or anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.