Test strips thru the mail

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rhonda T, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhonda T

Rhonda T Member

im thinking about ordering my test strips on eBay. Does anyone know if it's safe to get them through the mail? I live in North Dakota and I'm worried about them arriving when I'm not home and sitting in my mailbox in freezing temperatures.

2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Perfectly safe. I order from eBay all the time. In fact my latest set are coming from India. I don’t have them sitting in my mailbox all day tho. They are packed pretty well and in a sealed container so I don’t imagine they will come to any harm.

3. Rhonda T

Rhonda T Member

We're going to have highs in the 20s later next week and there's a chance I could be called in to work on Thursday so that's what I'm worried about - sitting out there for hours at 10-20 degrees.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

The only place I get test strips is thru Ebay. I use FreeStyle Lite strips in AlphaTrak. There are past threads on that usage model.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

My test strips always come through the mail. I have an AlphaTrak, and that is the only way to get those strips. Never got them from ebay though, usually Amazon or ADW.

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I got the last batch of FreeStyle Lite strips at $94 for 300 strips = less than $0.33 / strip.

7. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

Depending upon what mailing service they're using, you can usually request special instructions for your mail. If it's USPS and you're more comfortable picking it up yourself, just put a hold on your mail for a couple of days. Watch the tracking info, and when it arrives at the PO, pick it up yourself.
    If it's UPS, they can do something similar.
    Not sure about FedEx, but I imagine there's a contingency with them as well.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hello fellow North Dakotan!! :bighug: How exciting!!! It is perfectly safe to get your strips through eBay. As a matter of fact, it's the only way I receive mine. I've worried about leaving them in the mailbox (this summer it was worrying about the hot days), but I try to keep track of when they will be delivered and bring them in as soon as possible. I love Shelaghc's suggestion above. It never occurred to me to try that, but it couldn't hurt! I imagine I'll have to plan ahead for my next order.... I'm hoping my strips will last through February at least, but I doubt that will actually happen, haha. If you do try the hold, let me know how that works for you! :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.