Testing advice? -- tested low, +3.5 49

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patricia & Noodle, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Skipping is probably the safest move.

2. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Thank you both so much for sitting with me all night. It means so much to have this support while trying to navigate our new normal.

3. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Get some sleep - she's going to be fine now. You did really well with her tonight. :)

Thanks for the extra pair of eyes and advice Wendy - that helped a lot.

Patricia - you're so very welcome. I've had people looking out for me the last few nights - I know how important it is not to feel alone with this. I'm getting a break tonight as I skipped Rosa's shot because she's been pulling some really low numbers overnight too the last few days or I'd have 4 or 5 more hours to go here so I'm probably off to sleep in a few minutes too. But if you have another night like this, I'll most likely be about so give me a shout if you need to. :bighug:

Patricia & Noodle likes this.
  4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Nice job today :) in relation to treats and testing most everyone does that. You give a low carb treat - we use a few small pieces of raw chicken but I think the freeze dried stuff is okay too - it won't affect the numbers in any negative way and most importantly it makes testing time be associated with a treat. A lot of cats end up looking forward to their tests that way. Although Vyktor's been in remission for almost 3 years I still test him once a week to keep an eye on things and he starts purring as soon as he sees the meter - I never had a testing spot for him I just do it wherever he happened to be. My mums cat has only been doing the dance for a few weeks but as soon as he hears mums phone alarm he knows it's testing time and runs to his testing spot to be done - it's quite the party trick when guests are over!

5. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Thanks @Vyktors Mum . I just did her AMPS and have almost decided not to shoot since I can't monitor her and she's at 186. Should I post this in the lantus forum for more eyes to be sure? She's eating now and I have a little cushion.

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

glad to see last night went well.
    normal dose for cypro is 1 mg to 2 mg depending on need. You might try 1 mg next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.