testing and question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jengilbert, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jengilbert

Jengilbert New Member

I did my first successful glucose test. His glucose was 442. He was quite stressed because I poked him several times before I finally got blood. I just gave him his prozinc after testing. He has been drooling off and on since he got back from the vet. He never used to do this. Do your cats do this? I don't think he is eating all that great either. Though I may have traumatized him with the testing :( Any advice or comments welcome.

Thanks

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There really isn't much "stress" from home testing.....Yes, your kitty may act a bit perturbed, but usually, a quick pet and the always important special food treat will usually heal over any ruffled fur.

As for the drooling, that's not something you should be seeing from insulin.....did the vet do a good check of his teeth? Diabetes is very hard on teeth so they need to get special attention.

3. Jengilbert

Jengilbert New Member

Thank you, I will have to call and ask. We have spent so much on this already. I want him to be healthy of course but oh my gosh its stressful :(. Thank you though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.