Testing strips Alphatrak 2

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Ann & Liz, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Liz

Ann & Liz Member

At present we are using the Alphatrak 2 testing strips but understand there maybe a cheaper alternative? If so could someone advise please as to which ones they are and where best to obtain, (UK) also will we need to make an allowances to readings for using different strips.?

2. Alexi

Alexi Member

I use the Freestyle lite strips in my AT meter, I found the cheapest at Amazon.co.uk, there are a lot of sellers but I order from one of the UK pharmacies. I do keep some AT strips as a back up and the cheapest I found were at Animed UK. The readings are comparable, just use the last code on the AT meter - don't change it as the Freestyle lite are supposed to be code free. Other Freestyle strips won't work.

Ann & Liz likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I also use the Freestyle Lite strips in my AT meter and keep the AT strips for more critical times. I've just begun using the FS strips so haven't converted to them as fully as I likely will over time. The AT strips are just too $$$ to use all the time . I always do a few reading comparisons at the start of a new vial. If you look at my SS, there's a page showing what I do for this.

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

If you're a regular medicanimal.co.uk customer and combine discount vouchers with their flash promotion deals you may be able to get better 'deal' prices than the list price at animeddirect.co.uk. (Thanks to Tara from N Irl for the tip.)

Mogs

Ann & Liz likes this.
  5. Ann & Liz

Ann & Liz Member

Thank u for info on the strips, will look into getting some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.