Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Hello! I found out Friday that my kitty has diabete :( he’s such a love bug and is doing so good with everything - not making a peep or fussing with everything he’s been through. Mr. Kitty didn’t eat much this morning so I gave him 1/2 his dose per doc orders and have been worried about him all day. I came home and to my surprise my AT2 was delivered so I immediately tested him since he was due to eat and have his 3U of Vetsulin at 9pm. It was perfect timing! He tested 515. I am going to test again and wanted to know if I should test every hour? Or should I give it some more time? Thank you

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

What are you feeding Mr. Kitty? It's recommended to feed a wet, low carb diet, and many of us feed Fancy Feast Classics and Friskies pates. No sauces or gravies for our sugar cats. :( There is a wonderful food chart that Dr. Lisa Pierson has complied HERE, and she recommends " start with protein minimum of 40, fat maximum of 50, carb max of 10, and for cats with kidney issues....phos less than 300."

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

4. Sara and Mr. Kitty

We feed dry and wet. They currently eat B.F.F. Tuna and soulmates, ProPlan wet and Whole Earth Grain free or Instint Raw Pure Protein kibble. They don’t eat a ton of wet food - maybe 1/2 can/day, but we’re trying to transition them to all wet. I bought a few new cans and they really like Merrick, but that’ll break the bank so I will pick up some FF tomorrow and see what they do.

Sharon14 likes this.
  5. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sharon14 likes this.
  6. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Thank you! I’ve spent a good 8 hours combing through Dr. Lisa’s spreadsheet - it’s awesome!

7. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Visit her web page: www.catinfo.org. That's how I found this board..and it was the best thing to happen to us. Idjit had just been diagnosed that day and I was frantically researching online for information and treatment. Thanks to the info and the members here, Idjit is in remission and I kept my sanity, well some of it anyway.

Sara and Mr. Kitty and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.