TEVA animal health /Ketamine butorphanol recall

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Merlyn (GA), Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG I cant believe it :shock: ... The company, Teva, that makes the recalled drug was actually SHUT DOWN in July! "adulterated drugs and multiple violations of good manufacturing practices at its St. Joseph, Mo., facility"

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z0cVn7QJq6

Vets shouldnt be using ANYTHING from this company!

2. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

also scary to me is that i bet many more pets died, with the vet & client thinking the pet's health issues caused the death but everything that could be done was done. terrible for everyone involved.

3. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

Exactly.

I just vented at my MWI person. I told her that "I know that this is not your fault directly...and I hate to vent at you....but what would you do if you had a cat that died from ketamine and YOUR company did not notify the vets....like me...who bought the drug from you because you were NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED TO DO SO?!"

Her reply: dead silence then....."I don't have a cat".

Great...caring...answer.

I am so angry about this issue!

Oh...and I really loathe the word "voluntary" when the term "voluntary recall" is stated. That is ludicrous because the FDA does not have the ability to enforce MANDATORY recalls.....at least according to what I have read. I always wondered why all recalls are labeled "volunteer" as if we are all supposed to give them a pat on the back.

I have wondered why my ferals have not been going 'down' under anesthesia as well as they used to. I have been frustrated but have not known why until now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.