Text from my vet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JanetNJ, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

just got a text from my vet asking me for a link to my testing video which she wanted to send to a newly diagnosed cat owner. I felt really flattered. I also sent her a link to here and to the food chart.

For a long time I think she thought I was crazy.... Since cc was diagnosed acro I think she realized I kinda knew what I was doing all along. Hahahaha

2. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

congratulations ! :joyful:

3. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

Congrats! It's so funny - I actually saw your video before I joined FDMB, so weeks later when I saw your link, it was like, "hey, I know her!" Your video helped back then, too. Thanks!!! :cat:

JanetNJ likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Your video is a godsend Janet and I'm so glad your vet has acknowledged it's value. Feels good when our vets appreciate our ability to help them and their clients. :joyful:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

That's so awesome

7. Jack the Cat

Jack the Cat Member

Very cool!

8. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

This is heartwarming. Yours was the first (and only) video I watched on testing...before my vet agreed to home testing. The day I went in and they agreed to let me have the meter, 2 techs and the vet tried to show me how and couldn't get any blood. They sent me away with a "good luck", and I got my first successful test 5 hours later... it has not been a walk in the park, but Oscar trusts me and his treats enough to let it happen.

9. JanetNJ

I'm so glad it was helpful to you. Testing has saved CC many times, esp in the last year as she's a lot more unpredictable now.... like last week when she was in the 30's!!! so scary. No symptoms, so I never would have known.

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That made me smile. I used your video as well though things were easy with Jones. Technic was missing on my part :blackeye:

JanetNJ likes this.
  11. (GA) Gypsy's Parent

(GA) Gypsy's Parent Member

I found a few other videos on YT, and then saw your video today. It's much more informative than the other videos! I can't imagine how people dealt with these issues before the internet! Videos especially.

JanetNJ likes this.
  12. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I've seen that video before, I didn't realize it was you! :D Yours was one of the more encouraging videos I saw first starting out.
    You just briefly mention it in the video but can you really take samples from the "inner" outer side of kitty ears? I hope that makes sense, the outside of the ear but the side that's closer to their head?

13. JanetNJ

Ok so you can test anywhere all around the whole edge of the ear... And you can test on the furry outside, or the less furry inside side of the ear. Just don't aim for the vein.

CandyH & Catcat and Panic like this.
  14. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice reward ! Acknowledgement from your vet!
    I'm part of the ones who used your video to learn testing Ti-Mousse!!
    Congratulations Janet !:bighug:

JanetNJ and CandyH & Catcat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.