Thank you all

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah Smith, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

As I write this Mary is in the cats room snuggling with her best friend Lucy, and Cooter, getting loved on. Barring a miracle, Mary will be making her crossing tomorrow evening. For 2 weeks she has not eaten and barely been drinking on her own. She rallied for me this past weekend and ate a bit Saturday and Sunday, but it was short lived. She has been on IV fluids and recieving syringe feedings multiple times a day, and is continuing to loose wieght and decline. She wont even swallow the food today, and I cant put her through the stress anymore, shes just not happy. Anti-neausea and appitite stimulants are doing no good, and her kidney numbers keep rising. I really dont want to say goodbye, but I truly believe this is best for her. I wanted to thank everyone for the help and support through the last few weeks, the diabetes has been the easy part in all of this. I dont know what happened to her numbers last night/this morning, but shes been pretty easy to keep steady otherwise.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

My heart is sinking after reading the above ... :(

Saying special prayers for little Mary ... she has really touched my heart. (((Mary)))

:bighug:

Mogs

Vader723 and Sarah Smith like this.
  3. Critter Mom

BTW which anti-nausea and appy stimulant meds were prescribed?

Mogs

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh Sarah! I'm so sorry to read this. One of the hardest things we have to do for our kitties is recognize when they have had enough. Sending you and Mary all of our love and prayers tonight.

Sarah Smith likes this.
  5. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Thank you ladies :bighug:

Mogs we have tried pepcid, metoclopramide, cerenia injections, mirtazapine, cypro something (dont have the invoice sheet in front of me remember the full name). I have tried every kind of food I can think of, including real tuna, cheese, lunch meat... absolutely nothing is working. She will barely even sniff at them the last few days... :(

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry that you’re facing this. I was hoping that she’d rally and have some time being well taken care of. You’ve certainly gone above and beyond trying to help her. :bighug::bighug:

Sarah Smith likes this.
  7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So so sorry. My only other suggestion would be to ask about having a feeding tube put in. Several people on here have had that and found it so much less stressful then assist feeding. But it may also indeed be kind to let her go. Sorry your facing this

Critter Mom and Sarah Smith like this.
  8. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I am sorry. It sounds like you are doing what is best for her. That is always a hard, selfless, loving decision. :bighug:

Vader723 likes this.
  9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Sarah I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like she’s telling you it’s tome and you are making the kindest decision for her. It’s so hard but it really is a gift at the end. You’ve done a wonderful job and I’m so glad she had you.

10. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

Sarah, I'm so very sorry for the decision you are making. It's always a difficult decision to do.
    This isn't goodbye. You will see her again and she will ALWAYS be in your heart!:bighug::bighug:

11. Critter Mom

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Sarah.

:bighug:

Mogs

Sarah Smith likes this.
  12. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. :bighug:She crossed peacefully yesterday evening with the help of our vet. She was ready to go, even though I wasnt ready to let her go. It never gets any easier, even knowing its the best thing to do. I have a houseful of seniors, ranging from 10 to 16, and am dreading the next few years... Mary makes the third I have lost in just under a year.... Osama (almost 15) finally lost her 3 year battle with mammary cancer last February, and Dee (16 1/2) left us in August, a few months after finding a mass on her gall bladder and too many galstones to count. Luckily no one else has any chronic issues, and will hopefully stay that way for quite a while!

13. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sarah Smith likes this.
  14. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

Oh Sarah, my heart breaks for you! Try not to dwell on the future . . . I know it is much easier said than done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for healthy cats!!

Critter Mom and Sarah Smith like this.
  15. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry. You did the right thing.

I have three that are about the same age. I don't look forward to them all being seniors at the same time.

Sarah Smith likes this.
  16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh Sarah...you truly did the kindest thing. And while I know it's hard right now, I hope you find some peace knowing she's at peace now and you no longer have to watch her suffer or put her through tough times. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Sarah, you are an awesome caretaker for your cats. They've been blessed to have you. I was heartbroken for you when I read your note.:bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  18. Critter Mom

I keep seeing Mary's sincere, wise and kindly little face in my mind's eye. I've developed a really big soft spot for her ... I'm so sad for both of you, Sarah (crying as I type this). :(

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

19. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

:bighug: @Critter Mom Crazy how they can nudge their way into our hearts, even when they arent ours, All of the sugar kitties here have done then same with me, its an extended family!

20. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Mary came home tonight, don't have much more to say about it all right now, but I did want to share a pic of the beautiful sunset this evening. The pic honestly doesnt do it justice, but it is still beautiful. It had alot of Mary's coloring in it tonight, and I can't believe that was coincidental. 20180131_182143.jpg [​IMG]

21. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It wasn't a coincidence Sarah...no way that could be a coincidence. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Djamila likes this.
  22. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Not a coincidence. A beautiful visit from Mary to let you know she's at peace. :bighug:

Sarah Smith and Critter Mom like this.
  23. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

24. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

:(. I'm just now reading this. I'm so sorry

25. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Thank you Missy :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.