Thank you all!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by thepeach80, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepeach80

thepeach80 Member

I've heard cats can be dx and then go OTJ after a while, but I never assumed it would happen to us. Arnold got dx and I hopped on the computer to find all I could and I found you guys! You helped so much and I have to wonder if he'd be OTJ right now if it weren't for all I learned here. I know the vet we were seeing was about worthless for diabetes so you guys helped us immensely. Now I'm not sure how long cats stay OTJ, if it's temporary or permanant but it's been just over 2 wks now and he's doing well on his new all wet diet. :D If it's just temporary, I at least know where I can come again for help later. Thanks again.

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Congratulations! flip_cat party_cat

3. Terri & Tananda

Terri & Tananda Member

Thats wonderful, I'm so glad to hear it. Congratulations to both of you!!!!

4. ceil99

ceil99 Member

GREAT

Another happy customer :RAHCAT :thumbup dancing_cat party_cat

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Congratulations Jennifer and Arnold!!!!!

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats!

rule of thumb - no insulin for two weeks and test - if numbers stay green - then OTJ!

Then continue testing at random times, once or maybe twice a day for the next week, then once every other day, then once a week, then once a month, then spot checks as needed. This will ensure that you keep your testing skills up and randomly check him to make sure all is well.

CONGRATS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.