Thanks to all of you on Oreo's Passing

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by oreosmom, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oreosmom

oreosmom Member

Dear Friends,

I was overwhelmed by the love and prayers you sent me about Oreo's passing. When I joined up with FDMB, I always said it was "a club I didn't want to belong to". But I am proud to have been a part of this group for the past two years. You taught my husband and me how to deal with feline diabetes using daily testing. At first our vets must have thought we were nuts doing daily testing but our vets learned from us! They asked us to show them Oreo's spreadsheet so they can see his BG patterns! At the very beginning of my journey with Oreo's diabetes and GI lymphoma, I really didn't think I could do all this and posted a message "How does having a diabetic cat effect your lives?" So many of you wrote me with your own stories on how you were coping day to day. It gave us courage and confidence reading your messages. Without you we couldn't have done it. At various times, I had questions, often at odd hours, but there was always somebody there to soon answer them about diet and low BG or insulin.

The hard part now is dealing with the grief and sense of emptiness we have right now. I never realized the special bond forged with an owner and a cat when the owner cares for him as we have done. I'm sure some of you will attest to this from past experience. Our Debbie cat is also having a tough time, so we are giving her extra love and attention. Hopefully the pain in our hearts will ease soon and we will be able to get another cat friend for Debbie.

Again, you have been the most wonderful and special group of friends....and even though we have never met in person, I feel close to you all in spirit. God Bless, Carol, Oreo's Mom in San Diego

my website is at http://www.cottoneart.com (I am an artist) and I can be contacted through that.

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Prayers for you and Debbie in your grief.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

And a very good artist you are. I checked out the pictures you did of Oreo. Very nice.

I keep you in my thoughts and prayers, while you grieve for your boy. I will add Debbie. Give her as much love as she will accept.

(((((Hugs)))))

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Like Dyana, I went to your website. I'm sitting here smiling at your paintings of Oreo and Debbie. They are wonderful. Oreo will always be with you both in your paintings and in your artist's eye (and heart).

When people arrive here, I on occasion say this is the best place you never wanted to be. LL for me is both a community and a family. You can go, but you never truly leave. I hope you'll come back and visit and let us know how Debbie is doing and share some photos if you find another kitty who chooses you as only a cat can do.

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Please accept my late condolences of Oreo's passing. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

6. MonetsMom

MonetsMom Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Oreo...sending thoughts , prayers and lots of :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: your way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.