thanks to this group maybe no more insulin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kim, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kim

kim New Member

I have not given George much insulin in a week. I have been testing and giving what he needed for the out come. I was down to 3 units then 2 units then one unit and now have not given him anything in two days. I just took a few hours ago before din and was 68. A little low but not too bad. To check the meter I checked myself and I was 172. I just had a meal, is it suppose to be that high after a meal?
    So hopefully he is off of insulin now, thanks to this group. I will keep checking to make sure. You guys where right he was rebound from too much insulin and when I called the vet to tell him how high his bg was he told me to give him more insulin. He was not my vet that i use. So far George and I are very happy, THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HELPED ME!!!!! :D

2. kim

kim New Member

I also only give him friskies now, which probably helps with his bg

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!

Thanks for being willing to listen to a bunch of strangers on the internet ---

4. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Congratulations!!!

~M

5. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

woohoo, congratulations!!

6. kim

kim New Member

Thanks all. His BG was 71 this am, seems be a bit low without insulin. Anything to watch out for? Thanks Kim

7. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

If he is not getting ANY injected insulin, it is impossible for him to become Hypoglycemic.

71 is a nice normal number.

8. kim

kim New Member

Fantastic, thank you!! Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.