The numbers were high & now mysteriously dropped? Do I give insulin?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by fbrunner6, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbrunner6

fbrunner6 New Member

I just want to quit! I don't understand ANY of this like I should. If it weren't for people talking me through, none of this would be done right. I did all of the testing, I did the curve (every 2hrs for 24hrs). The numbers were in the high 200's averaging right before her doses. She seams to hit her lowest number (I believe you call this the "peak"?) at about 4 hours after insulin. The 1st 3 days, her lowest average on the 4hr marks were about 150. Then the next 2 days, we made progresss and it was in the 80's. BUT, it ALSO jumped over 350 before the past 2 doses were about to be due. I totally messed up and forgot to give her the insulin yesterday (you will see notes on my spreadsheet explaining). Today was a new day. I took her BG this morning and it was 267 (seamed in her average), so i gave her insulin. She dropped to 76. I wasnt too concerned but wondered if we were going to keep dropping lower each day at the 4hour mark, since every day seams to get lower. Now she is due for food and then insulin and her # is only 161. Do i still give her a full unit? Is this what is SUPPOSE to be happening with her numbers? Or does this means i could hurt her and send her too low if i dose her with a full unit.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I'll answer on the Health forum post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.