The picky eater

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Gracie (GA), Jan 8, 2019.

1. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

I'm thinking that since Gracie is still being extra picky about her food...I might need to start giving a little insulin to counteract the HC food.

For reference I have tried the following: Freeze dried treats, Parmasean cheese, Fortiflora (gave her horrible diarrhea), heating up her food, adding water to it...taking away water and about 10 different kinds of wet Pate food and regular chicken. I have also tried food with gravy or shreds and she doesn't like. She is discontent with anything it seems like and baby food.

H20 intake has increased.

Currently, I can get her to eat 1 maybe 1 1/2 cans of 3oz chicken FF Pate and 1/4cup of RC dry.

I'm going to explore other food possibilities. I gave her some lamb I had in the fridge and she did take a small liking to that, but it wasn't with gust.

I figured if she was below 100 I could hold off on insulin, but anything over 100PS I should give 0.25? Or should I hold off a little bit longer?

At +1 she did drop back to a "normal" range.

Any thoughts?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the insulin right now. If they drop after a meal that's usually a sign of a working pancreas.

Re food: have you ever tried low carb dry like Dr. Elsey's? Is she fond of kibble or did she enjoy wet food in the past?

3. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Opps. I should have added that. My Pet sitter gave me her Dr.Elsey's as her cat refused. My cat won't touch it.

Once upon a time, she enjoyed wet food. When I made the full switch to wet there were no hiccups.

4. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Try Tiki cat Puka puka luau or one of the others with chicken. I also had luck with FF shrimp and fish feast. It’s like kitty crack and zero carbs ... I also would not shoot at 100. That’s a darn good number.

5. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tiki has been tried. I have tried so many brands & flavors.

PS has almost doubled. 189 :banghead: