The Ultramarathon Goes On: 5

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kris & Teasel, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Still bouncing but continues to feel better on Lantus. This is no great revelation but I know that bouncy cats get themselves into endless cycles of: raise dose ---> BG drops too low --->lower dose ---> bouncing continues ---> glucose toxicity develops ---> raise dose ---> BG drops too low ---> lower dose ... ad nauseam. :confused:
    The getting "stuck" at a dose relates to glucose toxicity and bouncy cats have a big problem with that because they can spend too much time up high from bouncing.

That's my lesson for the day! ;)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

How did the LC/MC/HC experiment go? Anything work or not work about that?

3. Kris & Teasel

Teasel isn't that carb sensitive and I also discovered that too much HC gravy food doesn't agree with him. He tolerates honey in LC better if I need to steer him away from cliff's edge. My little "sermon" above is a summary of what I know to be true for him. Extremely bouncy cats are a breed apart - no pun intended. Steering his numbers with bits of food could easily be an all day every day task for me if I let it. I can't do that without wearing myself down to a nub. :confused::)

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

We have to remember to take care of ourselves too :). I'm a big hypocrite when it comes to that :smuggrin:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

We're all hypocrites about that! Me leading the pack a lot :rolleyes: But yes, Kris, you gotta take care of yourself too! I am glad that you've got Teasel feeling better!

6. Kris & Teasel

And we end the day in a nice lime green! No shot for Teasel tonight.

7. Djamila

Lol...oh, Teasel...just when we were affirming that your mama can relax and take care of herself...

Maybe it isn't bouncing...maybe it's attention-seeking behavior. :p

8. Kris & Teasel

I'm relaxing! No shot means it's only the depot at work tonight. :smuggrin:

ShipsCat, Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  9. Kris & Teasel

Boing! Boing! Boing!

10. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

11. Frank's Mom

Frank's Mom Member

Kris, do you feel like Lantus offers the flexibity to dose based on PS numbers better than prozinc, less, or about the same? I know Lantus has the Depot effect....just wondering how that effects your ability to dose in the moment. I do wish Teasel was a bit easier for you. Imagine all the free time you'd have if he weren't bouncy! You could leave your house for hours at a time, get a full nights sleep...and all the $ you could save if you weren't buying test strips! Lol. Glad he's feeling better though.. .that's why we all do this, right?

12. Kris & Teasel

Lantus is dosed based on how low a dose takes them, not on pre shot numbers. Unless a pre shot is lime green you shoot the same dose and that takes guts! However, if they're already low at PS they tend not to drop much but stay flat in low numbers instead. A dose is held a minimum of 3 days so that the depot can stabilize. Bouncy cats can still bounce on Lantus as you can see in Teasel's SS. I think he feels better because a dose is much slower in onset.

Frank's Mom likes this.
  13. Djamila

We could start a new game where we take bets on what color Teasel will land on next. Then we could use our winnings to pay for all these test strips! :)

14. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hahaha I love this game!

15. Kris & Teasel

If you bet on pink your winnings would be meager because odds were really good that's what would happen. o_O;)

16. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

I see Teasel is still bouncy as ever, but at least there's quite a bit of blue and green! Hopefully someday soon he'll decide he'd rather stay in the pretty blues & greens instead of all the colors :cat:

17. Kris & Teasel

New week but still the same thread. Nice run yesterday. He does this so I'll stay hopeful ... :confused:

18. Djamila

That was a nice cycle yesterday! Every little bit helps, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.