The Ultramarathon Part 30

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kris & Teasel, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Another shocker for you folks - shot on a green AMPS (5.5/99). I hope Steph doesn't have a heart attack! ;)

StephG, Rachel, Djamila and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

WOW! I feel like Lantus might have given me a heart attack if I had switched.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Are you able to do that with him, Kris because he's a bouncy kitty? Or because of Lantus? On a side note, looks like you're seeing more consistent yellows and blues in Lantus land :woot:

4. Kris & Teasel

I'm able to do it because it's Lantus and I have a lot of data. The ideal response would be to have only a very slight post meal spike and a run of greens following that. Teasel is too bouncy and unpredictable for that. Now, the first time I gave a full dose on a green I was a mass of nerves but it's happened a couple of times now and I have numbers to go by.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Tons of data was an assumed ;). Thanks for the information. I'm always trying to learn more to better help others,or at least refer them to more information from other posts :cat::bookworm:

6. Amanda & Ham

Amanda & Ham Member

Shooting on green would give me a heart attack... I'd probably be a nervous wreck all day.

7. Kris & Teasel

BIG bounce this AM. :confused:

8. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Whoa! That's a BIG bounce! Teasel does keep it interesting!

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

DANG Teasel! The trampoline is happening....

10. Yong & Maury GA

11. Kris & Teasel

Mr. Bouncy is still doing his thing. I'm sure the L&L folks are puzzled by him ... :rolleyes:

12. Amanda & Ham

Amanda & Ham Member

I think Ham is a bouncy kitty... I know I'm puzzled

13. Djamila

14. Djamila

Kris, in the comments on your spreadsheet on 3/27, it says, "Fed small HC (experiment) snack..." What is HC? And what's the experiment about?

15. Kris & Teasel

HC = high carb food. I've been trying to steer his night time cycles away from drops that cause bouncing by giving snacks at strategic times. It was suggested by L&L folks. So far, the jury is out on effectiveness. I always give him a bedtime small meal and I've been mixing 50:50 low carb:high carb to make it medium carb.

I'm always in search of a routine that will work for me in the long run. That might mean that Teasel won't always be dosed to give the optimal result as per Lantus protocol. I can live with that. He's extremely bouncy and unpredictable and there's a limit to how often I want to test and steer hour by hour with food of varying carb levels. I always seek the "middle way" to preserve my sanity. Sorry for the long answer ... I think about this a lot.

16. Djamila

Wow...that's really interesting! Thanks for explaining. I've read some things that while most sugar cats need a low-carb diet, and many a very low carb diet, there are a few that do better on medium carb - maybe Teasel is one of them. It's seems to be a rare exception, but then you already know that Teasel is exceptional! ;)

And for what it's worth, I agree about finding a middle way with difficult kitties. You have to keep your sanity and maintain some quality of life for you and Teasel through all of this. Keep us posted on how it goes.

17. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Monday I was all wrapped up in my own world of nerves. If I saw it I probably would have been in the fetal position for a while! Although it does give me courage to shoot on a "low" number in Chuck's terms. We might have a blue this morning. He's at his lowest test so far 136!

Yong & Maury GA, Rachel and MiCo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.