Theodore's am test

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by shawna, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawna

shawna Member

What should he have insulin wise, or none?

2. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

If no one else responds I think he would be ok with .75u.

3. shawna

shawna Member

Well I can't get him to eat again :( I can syringe him some, but can I give no insulin until his pm time just in case?

4. shawna

shawna Member

I'm not going to give him any insulin because I'm too afraid of what happened yesterday. If he would eat on his own I would....but I just had to force feed him a little. I really wish my vet was open...but hopefully this other place will help.

I hope you all have a good day!

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Shawna,
    It's safest to have a no shot this AM after your ordeal yesterday and his continued inappetance. He really should be seen by a vet today for his constipation and lack of appetite. Those could turn into bigger problems if you wait.

6. shawna

shawna Member

Thanks for your response xoxox he wouldn't eat so I'll skip it this morning. I'm bringing him to the vet.

Cherish Gallagher likes this.
  7. shawna

shawna Member

I didn't give him any, especially since he doesn't want to eat. I wouldn't have posted if I knew he wouldn't eat. And thanks, I'm definitely bringing him to the vet. xo

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Might also be a good idea to ask about different pain meds to replace the ones you have that might not be agreeing with him. Buprenorphine is often given and tolerated well. Like many narcotics it can make them dopey but you can lower the dose if that happens. There might be something other than Metamucil for constipation too.

shawna likes this.
  9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Let us know how things go at the vet!

shawna likes this.
  10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hi Shawna ...Kris told me about ur kitty's poop problem . We had that with Elmo as well and the thing that has worked amazing for him is Pets Alive Natural Moves. You can get it online . We started with 1/4 capsule twice daily and
    Adjust up or down from there. Since starting it over 2 months ago he poops every day and we were able to stop enemas and pumpkin. It does have a bittter taste so I have to dissolve the dose in syringe of water and slowly syringe it down him. Feel free to contact me if any questions. Sure hopes this works :)

shawna likes this.
  11. shawna

shawna Member

Aw thanks! I just saw this message...I'm not sure how to get notifications, I get some but I don't get all and I didn't know you had put a message here. have to figure that out!
    But thank you so much! I'm definitely going to try it for my sweet kitty! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.