this site is terrible!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spent an time writing a post and then when I hit submit it took me back to the login screen and I lost my entire post.

This site is terrible

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi!

did you read the first section of the board? HOW TO USE THE FDMB?
    viewforum.php?f=26

3. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Wow, i've not had that problem. Frustrating. I did get an error upon submitting once but I hit the back button and my post was still there. I resubmitted (after copy and pasting to make sure I still had my post, in case) and it posted fine. Otherwise I've had no trouble.

I understand your frustration. I hope you try again.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The board might have had a hiccup. This morning when I tried to view for the first time today it brought me to the log on screen even though I am supposedly always logged in and never had to re-login before this morning.

5. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

There may have been an issue when you tried to post, but if you have a question regarding feline diabetes I would encourge that you still post it. The knowledge on this board and the help from it's members are invaluable.

6. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Actually, this site is wonderful. The forum format is new to everyone here. I joined right as they made the switch from the old forum and I'm guessing they made the switch to be able to better handle the volume of daily posts.

As Larry said, the board may have had a hiccup. As frustrating as that may be, your initial post that didn't make it must have been important to you so I suggest you try again. Just keep in mind that there are volumes of information here about feline diabetes and it's all free for you to read at your leisure.

7. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

If your cat needs help, please don't give up. Computers can frustrate the best of us. I feel safe in saying the site or board is not at fault. And you're not either - stuff like that just happens. Our cats are worth the efforts and frustrations with technology :smile: .

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

If you wish to help your cat, try again..Press new topic to write your post and submit on the bottom to enter your post to the board..It seems hard, but it's really simple if you follow directions..Good Luck cat(2)_steam

9. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

I've had that happen to me several times. It's beyond frustrating. I couldn't even get back to my post using the back button. It just wiped it out completely. One day I typed out a long post shortly before leaving work, lost the whole thing and didn't have time to retype it. Since then I've learned to copy everything before posting in case it all gets lost. Sadly, new posters won't know in advance to do that.

10. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

I've had that happen on almost every forum I've used. It's not specific to this one. Almost always I copy the message before pressing send. And, if it's a really long one or one that just took time to think and work out, I make the post in a Word document and then copy and paste. I just close the word document once I see the post has been accepted.

11. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I just want to say that this site is WONDERFUL! Like any site, there are technical difficulties from time to time - but it would be difficult to find a site that has NO problems. Anyway, I LOVE this site & find it invaluable. Happy Friday everyone!!

:RAHCAT party_cat

12. Connie & Em (GA)

Connie & Em (GA) Member

well I see you are able to post..

If you need help, please try again. We are all here to help you. Just because there was a computer glitch is no need to condemn the entire board and this entire site and basically everyone here.

If you are just here to say things are terrible, I'm sorry for you. There are also better forums for such things, where you will actually start trouble and have the fun trolls look for.

Connie

13. Terri & Tananda

Terri & Tananda Member

Please don't give up on this site... I had a few hicups at first too, but everyone here is so wonderful that any tech issues pale in comparison to the help and advice you will receive from the dedicated members who care so much about assisting you in the treatment of you beloved pet.

Terri

14. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Mal and Tubby (GA) Member

A lot of sites have this problem. If I am carefully composing a reply taking a long time, I start notepad and do all my composing there. Then I copy and paste into a reply. If it fails I copy and paste again. :smile:

15. cyndi and fuzzy

cyndi and fuzzy Member

confused_cat :coffee: This site is absolutely wounderful!! Please dont give up, two years ago was the first i had been to this board. it was the old site and fairly easy to use. I have recently come back and am haveing a bit of trouble navagating and with my topics being in the rite place, but practice makes perfect, I am about to read the faq and technical aspect....Try it again, you will not get any other place where you are so very welcome and feel like your not in this alone!! Hang in there!!

16. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I agree, don't like it at all. Tried, I don't know how many times to register with no luck. Kept bothering poor Melissa. And when I first came to the "new board" - it doesn't show all the forums??? If I was new, I'm not sure I would have bothered going further. Now, it just looks like all the other boards I've visited - but never joined. Could just be me - I'm old, and change is hard...

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

This board is a life saver!

All I have to say is that Rebecca worked her butt off to put this new board together during the busy holiday break - while she was sick as a dog and while the old board was crashing down and so many of us left scared and helpless.

She did a fabulous job, the moderators and her support team did a fabulous job.

Those of you who can't take the time to read the HOW TO USE THE FDMB link in the main menu; to give it a chance - instead of posting negativity about this fabulous board; and to have a little patience to learn how to navigate - well - you're missing out on an amazing board with incredible members who are here 24/7 to help and support each other and to welcome all the new lost and scared people who find this board to seek help for their cats.

You don't have to be a computer wiz to take a moment and try a little harder, for the sake of your pets, after all - that is what this wonderful board is all about.

Have a terrific day :)

18. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: This board is a life saver!

Well Said Miss Ronnie!

And since this original poster hasn't even reposted, I believe this is one of those people who just want to complain and run. The person doesn't even have a profile listed, nor has this person looked at or posted on any other postings. And yes, we can see it in your profile.

Personally, I will send a note to Rebecca to shut this thread down, as I think it's a waste of time and just someone who wants to be nasty for no good reason.

19. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Thread closed

dancing_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.