Thought I'd be fine.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Catherine Willis, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catherine Willis

Catherine Willis New Member

Hi. My newly diagnosed cat Sally has gone from being ravenously hungry ( knocking over rubbish bins, stealing food on the way to my mouth) to barely eating. Because I treated an old diabetic dog for a couple of years I was quite calm coming into this but this is all so new again! I didn't give her a shot tonight because I didn't feel she'd eaten enough. We have an appointment with the Vet for the day after tomorrow to check how she's going.
    I'm quietly spinning out here.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Catherine. Hugs and Welcome.
    If you think Sally is not feeling well (and barely eating is a sign that she isn't), then I think I would try to take Sally to the vet today if you can. I highly suggest picking up some ketone test strips at your local pharmacy and checking for ketones if you haven't already done so.
    Best Of Luck. Sending Eating Vines to Sally.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Catherine, welcome to you and Sally. I agree with Dyana, you should try to get Sally to the vet today. If that isn't possible, then you must test her for ketones ASAP. Not eating and no insulin are two factors that contribute to their formation. Pick up some strips at the pharmacy and if you have trouble getting a urine sample, post on Health and we can give you some pointers. Please keep us posted.

Catherine Willis likes this.
  4. Catherine Willis

Catherine Willis New Member

Hi! I fed her some Fancy Feast food with her vet dry food this morning and she happily ate the lot.

Maggies Mom Debby and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.