? Thoughts on Hills W/D Canned Food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sherri, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherri

Sherri Member

I would just like to open this up to people's opinions/experiences with this food. This is what my newly diagnosed cat was on before diagnosis (along with the w/d dry which I promptly took away) and will currently only eat. Ideally I want to move him to the Friskie's Pates in conjunction with the vet and testing, but he is not having the stuff. Not even mixed in with the w/d so won't touch the w/d if that's the case. Who uses w/d food and what are you thoughts and experiences with your diabetic kitties on this food? Thank you!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Generally, we suggest changing food 20-25% at a time; he may need to go slower than that.

Theoretically, the added fiber in it slows digestion and helps them feel full. However, cats don't generally need fiber - their prey's fur and feathers do the job.

Sherri likes this.
  3. smiley747

smiley747 Member

I tried Hills Md, not w/d and that one raised her glucose levels a lot because it has higher carbs than the friskies she was eating. Every cat is different, but that's how mine reacted on a Hills product. maybe mix in some tuna or something like that to make the new food more appealing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.