Thoughts on Sara's test results

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jan and Hep and sara (GA), Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi My cat Sara just got over a UTI [ecoli]. She was still urinating out of the litterbox so we ran some more tests. Any ideas to what they mean?

She is being treated for hyper T now because her T4 test came back a little high. Any thoughts if anything else is going on?
    [normal range]

T4 ~4.7 [0.8-4.0]

Urinalysis
    Blood 2+
    RBC 11-20 [0.3]

Superchem
    Calcium 11.1 [8.2-10.8]

All the other results of these tests were within normal range. She had a CBC back in Dec 09 when she came out of remission and they were'nt elevated at that time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jan and sara

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The high T4 is indicative of hyperthyroidism. However, the value is not that bad compared to what I have seen. The RBCs in the urine indicate a possible problem. It could be due to infection, cystitis or maybe from how the urine sample was obtained. If the sample was obtained via a needle into the bladder, sometimes that results in excessive RBCs in the urine sample.

3. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Larry,

The urine was obtained by a needle. She had a prior C&S done a couple weeks ago and the results showed ecoli bacteria. She was treated with clavomox for 2 weeks and the vet said her urine showed no more bacteria. However she has since the begining of this been urinating out of the litterbox. Thats how I knew there was something wrong. So I took her in. And it did'nt stop after she was done with the AB. She does drink more water too. Thank goodness for peepads. Her bg's have been pretty good through this.

jan and sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.