Thoughts on spreadsheet???

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by LauraMcK, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauraMcK

LauraMcK Member

Finn and I are struggling to get into a routine. He’ll have a good week then randomly back to hissing, growling, hiding and generally avoiding me at all cost. These past few days have been a struggle and he missed last nights shot because he basically hid under a bed til we’ll past shot time.

The weird thing to me is that even with no shot last night his AMPS this morning was pretty good (better than last few days) and he was not hiding as much today so I was even able to get a second BG test (we’ll see if he disappears before shot time). I don’t know what to make of this.

Is it possible his diagnosis is wrong and it’s all stress related?? He has always been semi-feral so all this handling is a lot for him. Does anyone have experience with stress meds??? He’s seemingly non responsive (if not worse) to feliway but has had minor improvement with Jackson galaxy scaredy cat essence.

I’m not sure what to do anymore. If I try to get pre shot and nadar bg plus the two shots he starts hiding more but I cannot adjust dose without more data :(

Also thinking of scheduling a dental to see if that helps (vet recommended he could use a dental) but I’m terrified of that because he’s also had kidney issues in the past.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

He is pretty and looks completely innocent. Why are you making up this stuff about him hissing, growling and hiding?? :D

LauraMcK likes this.
  3. LauraMcK

LauraMcK Member

Thank you for making me smile! I needed that. He’s such a brat sometimes. Attempts to convince him the world (at least inside our little house) is not so scary have been generally unsuccessful

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Are you in a state/country where you can get CBD oil? It comes in a tincture and you can put a couple of drops on a treat. It can help lower anxiety. Yeowww catnip can also help, if Finn responds to catnip (not all cats do). You can put a big pinch on a plate or paper towel and let him eat it, then try testing soon after. When cats smell catnip they get wound up, but when they ingest it, it has a calming effect (assuming they are in the 70% of cats that respond to it at all).

If the more naturpathic approaches aren't enough, you can talk to the vet about other options. I haven't tried any pharmaceuticals (yet), but I know lots of cats benefit from them.

Feliway is awful for Sam too. He gets super aggressive and agitated. I thought he was the only one!

LauraMcK likes this.
  5. LauraMcK

LauraMcK Member

Thanks I hadn't thought of CBD oil for him and can get it. He does like to eat catnip (but pays no attention to catnip filled toys).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.