Thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

i know I have been a relentless pain in the butt about this but I am trying to solve the problem of only feeding 2x daily. I think most of you know what my issues are and why I cannot leave wet food frozen or otherwise out. Wondering if anyone knows about this and has any thoughts. It’s said to be ZERO carbs. www.youngagainpetfood.com.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It is known to cause runny, stinky poop issues. When I was transitioning Mia to wet food, I used to sprinkle it on top of her wet food. It was fine until I got a bag that wasn't. Then, I saw the poop issues I had heard about, so I stopped using it. Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken has between 4 and 5% carbs, so it is another you could consider.

Of course, there is always this...http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...r-more-than-just-carbohydrate-content.175004/

3. FurBabiesMama

4. Lisa and little

Got it. Loud and clear. I have actually been adding water to their 2 wet meals daily originally to make her ears easier to poke. But I get it. I was considering trying a small amount of the young again left out in ddittion to the 2 pretty large meals they are getting. Hmmmmm. Idk. Keep throwing stuff against the wall and hopefully something sticks. Lol. Thank you again for all the help and advice. Truly a blessing

5. FurBabiesMama

You could always try the Young Again Zero, just be forewarned about possible poop nightmares. :eek: Or, try the Dr. Elsey's.

If you really feel you need to incorporate dry food, these are going to be your best options. Just keep giving lots of extra water in Little's food and limit the amount of dry you leave out. I took some grief back when I was just putting a few kibbles on top of Mia's wet food to get her to eat it. (For months, she would NOT eat wet food at all unless at least a few kibbles were on it). I knew she was getting PLENTY of moisture in her wet food. Not only was it stupid high in moisture content, but I was adding both bone broth and water to every meal. And, I was literally giving her just a few kibbles on top of the wet food; it wasn't like I was leaving out a bowl of the stuff. Anyway, my point is, you have to decide what is best for you and Little. 100% wet food is obviously what we all should strive for, but sometimes, informed decisions have to be made to make allowances.

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  6. Lisa and little

Not sure what I will ultimately do but the ups and downs in the BG levels would probably be better if she ate more frequently. Thank for your help and for not beating me up for this thinking. :p

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

We've had some people feed dry food occasionally...you just have to pick the best one you can get if you decide to do that. I know Dr. Elsey's is fairly popular around here as is YA. I don't have experience with the dry foods, but know that we will not beat you up for any questions/choices you make. You have to do what's best for you and your crew, and sometimes that means breaking the "rules"!

Sharon14 likes this.