? Three Questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Melissa24, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa24

Melissa24 Member

I didn't want to make three separate threads so I hope this is okay!

1. What ketone monitor do you recommend? Where to buy?

2. Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem? We are using an auto feeder for our two cats. They are set to go off at 9 AM/PM and 1 AM/PM. Our sugarcat is sadly eating both servings at the feedings we are not around for :( For those of you with multiple kitties, what works well for you? What is your feeding schedule?

3. Can someone please send me the link for the 'where to find' post...I cannot find it ;)

Thanks so much!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Ketone monitor: either the Precision XTra or the Nova Max Plus. Check test strip costs as that may help make your decision.

See also my signature link Secondary Monitoring Tools for some tips on urine testing and other assessments you may find helpful. As you control the glucose level, you should see decreases in thirst and hunger, urination, dehydration, and improvements in behavior (back to 'normal').

Dual feeders, different locations? And some cats do OK grazing, so long as you pick up the food 2 hours before your next test and shot.

Melissa24 likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Melissa24 likes this.
  4. Madeline528

Madeline528 Member

Melissa, I have the Nova Max Plus. My nephew bought it on Amazon. I also used the ketone sticks too.

Also, I have multi kitties (4)... I changed every ones scheduled & what they all eat. All my kitties now only eat ff classic & no dry food.
    I fed them 2x a day 12 hrs apart, when Layla was on insulin. Now I broke up their meals into 3 feeding morning, afternoon & dinner

Melissa24 likes this.
  5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.