Threw up once this morning after AM shot and breakfast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Whitney and Jonas, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Hello everyone! I still need to catch up on replies from my other thread, I just got very overwhelmed with a variety of unexpected work and personal things this weekend, plus not sleeping much at all. I did get to do a curve on Jonas on Saturday and he did very well, and in general his numbers have been consistently staying in better ranges.

This morning, he threw up once about 20 minutes after his breakfast. It looked to be mostly unchewed food (he had some dried shrimp as his treat for testing his AMPS and they were in the same pieces I gave them to him in). But of course I worry he lost most of his breakfast and I'm a little panicked he'll have a hypo. He feels completely fine and ate a bit of gravy lovers my mom offered him a little while afterwards to get something on his tummy. Of course I'm worried sick but can this probably be contributed to just not chewing that food and getting it caught? He usually yowls before he throws up, she said he just made a gagging noise and up it came. I know throwing up occasionally isn't abnormal for our kitties anyways, but I still panic when it's him.

What would be good times to check him to make sure he isn't dropping? He was 370 this morning (a bit higher than the last few days but I'm a little grateful for that now). He was given his shot at 7:30AM. I have Zoom meetings off and on until 11AM, so +3.5. Would then be a good time to check? I also have one additional meeting this afternoon.

Thank you all so much.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Test now and every half hour, for 3 tests? Is that doable ?
    I am not an expert so you can wait for more replies. (I just think you cant test too much.)

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

It wasn't because of awful Monday morning meetings, I could barely focus because I was so antsy. But I tested a few minutes ago and he was at 423, I'm assuming because of the gravy food. I'm hoping he'll come down as his insulin kicks in but for now I'm grateful after the vomiting! I'd rather him go high for half the day than go low. I'll test him again in about an hour and a half when I'm on my lunch break but he's had no more vomiting and acts fine, he seems ready to take a nap now since he's been up and about all morning :) Thank you so much for checking in dear!

4. jt and trouble (GA)

EXACTLY!
    Glad hes ok. ;)

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  5. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you so much :) He's come down to 348 at +5 so no big drops, no more puking, and he seems to be acting like his usual self :) So just a scarf and barf episode, I guess!

6. jt and trouble (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.